Who we are
A piece of the moon, a complete dinosaur skeleton, the Pope's hat, the world's smallest book - at Catawiki, we come across exceptional objects such as these every day. The special object you’ve been searching for, or a new and unexpected interest you never thought you’d have: the more you look, the more you’ll find. And at Catawiki, there’s always more to the story. Every day sellers submit thousands of objects to sell on Catawiki. Our 240+ in-house experts review and select only the best to auction.
Our mission is to connect passionate enthusiasts with the objects that tell their stories. As Europe’s fastest growing online auction platform, we help over 10 million people discover new treasures every month. This means we are continually growing and always on the lookout for new talent!
Born and raised in The Netherlands, we started in 2008 and have since grown to over 650 Catawikians, working across 7 international offices, while maintaining our start-up mentality every step of the way. In December 2020 we received a new €150m investment round led by Permira and are excited to be growing our team and business further across the world.
What you will do:
An Account Manager contributes to the realisation of our commercial targets in our dynamic organisation . You will play a key role in acquiring, onboarding and developing the right set of customers that will add value to our platform.
- Identify new business opportunities in line with our strategy for categories in the German speaking markets
- Acquire new business through telephone, email, field visits and fair visits
- Work closely with our Art & Antiques Experts to understand what are the market needs, and the right quality of supply.
- Onboard new sellers and set them up for future growth
- Supervise and steer the development of seller KPIs for our existing sellers
- Team up with key internal stakeholders to provide our key sellers the best possible help and service to grow
- Draw up and maintain win-win commercial agreements between Key Sellers and Catawiki
- Grow and retain an extensive book of business through upselling, relationship building and targeted communication by monitoring and analysing KPI’s
- Derive qualitative and quantitative insights using real customer stories, feedback and data trends
- Develop positive relationships with a portfolio of existing key clients, providing: support during initial product implementation and employee onboarding, recommendations and advice around best practices, support during new product/guidelines launches, and help to resolve product-related issues or concerns
- Proactively suggest and follow up on opportunities for improvement to internal stakeholders
You will be part of the Art and Antiques department and be working for the German-speaking markets.
The job is based in Amsterdam, with visits to leads/Sellers/fairs/events on a quarterly basis.
Who are you:
- Minimum 2+ years of sales, business development and account/relationship management experience
- Fluent language skills in German
- Business proficiency in English
- Consistent achievement of business-critical metrics, revenue targets, and company goals
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to persuasively communicate recommendations as well as being able to effectively champion customer needs and cultivate relationships
- A growth oriented outlook and relish the challenge of working in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment
- Strong use of insights and confidence around data-centric decision making
- Ability to problem solve on your feet, adapt, and grow quickly as we build the Account Management organization
- Excellent organization, project management and time management skills
- Resourcefulness, creativity and an unwavering customer focus
- Knowledge or passion of Art, Antiquities, Design, Asian Art and / or Archeology is a plus
Here’s what we can offer you:
- A diverse and international team with over 40 different nationalities.
- Access to trendy offices located in the heart of Amsterdam with an easy-going atmosphere. Catawiki practices an hybrid office policy, with a mix of work-from-home and office presence
- Tailor-made trainings to facilitate your personal and professional growth
- Stock Options: All Catawikians are granted 100 Stock Options after 12 months of service.
- And there’s more! Paid holidays, holiday allowance and a fantastic pension plan paid for by Catawiki.
Catawiki is committed to building a diverse company and diverse teams. That includes everyone, no matter your age, ability, gender, race, religion or sexual orientation. We welcome applications from underserved and underrepresented communities. If you’ve got a story to tell, come and join us.
Working and hiring remotely
When it is safe to do so, Catawiki will be implementing a hybrid work policy where employees based in the Netherlands will work from the office 1-2 times per week and from home for the rest. All of our expert positions are 100% remote based.