Who we are
A piece of the moon, a complete dinosaur skeleton, the Pope's hat, the world's smallest book - at Catawiki, we come across exceptional objects such as these every day. The special object you’ve been searching for, or a new and unexpected interest you never thought you’d have: the more you look, the more you’ll find. And at Catawiki, there’s always more to the story. Every day sellers submit thousands of objects to sell on Catawiki. Our 240+ in-house experts review and select only the best to auction.
Our mission is to connect passionate enthusiasts with the objects that tell their stories. As Europe’s fastest growing online auction platform, we help over 10 million people discover new treasures every month. This means we are continually growing and always on the lookout for new talent!
Born and raised in The Netherlands, we started in 2008 and have since grown to over 750 Catawikians, working across 7 international offices, while maintaining our start-up mentality every step of the way. In December 2020 we received a new €150m investment round led by Permira and are excited to be growing our team and business further across the world.
The Collectables Sales Team
Working in a distributed team across Europe brings it own challenges, but the collectables sales team take group spirit and team building seriously. In the absence of the quarterly sales meeting in Amsterdam, they meet, brainstorm and hold virtual social activities.
Regularly catching up as a team and on individual basis to tackle challenging leads or to align on the overall sales strategy. Besides the immediate team they will share and approach leads with our Experts and work on managing large accounts with our Customer Experience team.
They are looking forward to you joining the team if you feel you are up for the challenge.
You will be part of the Collectables department and be working for the German-speaking markets.
The job is based in Germany via work from home arrangement.
What you will do:
As Business Developer you are responsible for building a strong lead pipeline. You will convince sellers to offer quality objects via our platform and provide them with a good onboarding experience. You are responsible for generating revenue opportunities.
Seller acquisition: Outbound & Inbound leads
- Prospect and develop qualified leads through call, email, field visit, fair visit and expert collaboration
- Identify and research High Potential outbound leads in collaboration with experts
- Qualify inbound leads by working with data and sales tooling
- Facilitate a frictionless pre and post-sales experience for sellers particularly focus on onboarding
- Move in sync with Account Managers to develop growth plan for onboarded sellers
- In cooperation with experts, quickly learn the important characteristics of categories including the quality guidelines and leverage those characteristics in your dealings with Leads & Dormants
- Educate Leads & Dormants on what special objects our Buyers are looking for
Business Opportunities: Organic SignUp and Partnerships
- Leads: source HiPo leads with Experts
- Dormant: Identify and reactivate high potential dormants sellers
- Organic SignUps: Identify high potential organic SignUps
- Partnerships: Identify and organize the first account manager meeting (example: Catawiki/UEFA collaboration)
Who are you:
- Business development mind set
- Successful and active networker
- Strong negotiation skills
- Autonomous and organised
- A passion for the online industry or maybe have a collection yourself so that you are able to understand the language of our sellers;
- Open to travel on a regular base in Germany to meet your leads and sellers and to our Amsterdam Headquarter
- Excellent communication skills in German and English
- A Master/Bachelor’s degree with sales experience. Your degree is Commercial, Economics, or Sales related.
- Capable of using google tools (sheet, slides) and data, we are a data-driven company.
- Capable of using sales CRM Hubspot is a plus.
Here’s what we can offer you:
- A diverse and international team with over 40 different nationalities.
- Access to Trendy offices located in the heart of Amsterdam and Assen with an easy-going atmosphere.
- Our entrepreneurial environment encourages everyone to take initiative and experiment with new ideas. You’ll actively contribute to the growth of the Catawiki platform.
- Tailor-made trainings to facilitate your personal and professional growth
- The fun part! Our Activity Committee plan everything from ‘CataFooty’ to International Food Festivals, Friday Drinks, Board Game Nights, Pub Quizzes and Boot Camps!
- And there’s more! Paid holidays, holiday allowance and a pension plan paid for by Catawiki.
Catawiki is committed to building a diverse company and diverse teams. That includes everyone, no matter your age, ability, gender, race, religion or sexual orientation. We welcome applications from underserved and underrepresented communities. If you’ve got a story to tell, come and join us.
Working and hiring remotely
When it is safe to do so, Catawiki will implement a hybrid work policy where employees in the Netherlands will work from the office 1-2 times per week and from home for the rest.
Most of our Sales and Expert positions for local markets are 100% remote, which means that you will be working from home in the country you are based.