Who we are
A piece of the moon, a complete dinosaur skeleton, the Pope's hat, the world's smallest book - at Catawiki, we come across exceptional objects such as these every day. The special object you’ve been searching for, or a new and unexpected interest you never thought you’d have: the more you look, the more you’ll find. And at Catawiki, there’s always more to the story. Every day sellers submit thousands of objects to sell on Catawiki. Our 240+ in-house experts review and select only the best to auction.
Our mission is to connect passionate enthusiasts with the objects that tell their stories. As Europe’s fastest growing online auction platform, we help over 10 million people discover new treasures every month. This means we are continually growing and always on the lookout for new talent!
Born and raised in The Netherlands, we started in 2008 and have since grown to over 750 Catawikians, working across 7 international offices, while maintaining our start-up mentality every step of the way. In December 2020 we received a new €150m investment round led by Permira and are excited to be growing our team and business further across the world.
About the role
Catawiki’s People Team contributes to Catawiki’s continued success by hiring great people, encouraging and supporting their development, and building a healthy, productive and engaging workplace. As a team, we partner and collaborate with the business to reinforce our values of Be Passionate, Be Open, Take Ownership, Move in Sync, Be Geeky, and Delight Our Customer across the organisation.
To strengthen our People Team we are looking for an experienced Absence Case Specialist to provide care and support for our employee’s’ health and wellbeing while supporting business continuity. With your expertise you will handle all cases of absence across several countries and provide empathetic guidance to employees related to their absence and support sustainable recovery in the best possible way during all different stages of reintegration. As part of this role, you will liaise with relevant external partners (i.e. occupational health and safety service , insurance providers) to ensure smooth communication and alignment on the steps of the reintegration process.
A key objective for the Absence Case Specialist will be to create a more data driven approach to managing absence cases, creating valuable insights for the business and a more strategic approach to managing absence and wellbeing in the future.
What you will do
- Manage all absence cases of Catawiki employees across the organisation, also internationally (the Netherlands, Belgium, France, Italy, Spain, Germany, United Kingdom);
- Ensure the correct and appropriate processing of all necessary documentation and forms for all absence cases;
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with the business, the wider People Team, as well as external stakeholders (i.e. occupational health and safety service, insurance providers);
- Be the main point of contact for employees related to their absence and navigate them through the stages of their absence by providing them with needed information and (emotional) support;
- Build and drive a more data driven approach to manage drivers of absence, through making use of data analytics and creating valuable insights;
- Partner with the People Team to design and develop employee health & wellbeing initiatives to reduce and prevent absence cases;
- Hold and schedule regular update calls with the People Team and key stakeholders to discuss status, progress and the best way forward for various cases of absence.
What you'll bring
- 3+ years of international experience in managing absence cases across an organization;
- Extensive experience in Dutch labor law and specifically policies and regulations around leave (eg. Wet Verbetering Poortwachter). Experience in international laws and regulations around absence is a big plus;
- Experience with a data driven approach to managing leave of absence and experience in using data to develop a more strategic approach to leave of absence management;
- Naturally inclined to optimize processes and procedures. Able to identify areas of improvements;
- Keen on working together with the People Team to explore new initiatives for health and wellbeing to provide employees with a healthy and happy work environment;
- Sound experience in partnering with external stakeholders for a respectful and optimal processing of absence cases. Ability to consult and advise the business on absence cases;
- Experience in partnering with key stakeholders from the business to discuss status and progress of absence cases;
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Empathetic, excellent listening and communication skills.
- High level of integrity;
- Self starter, pro-active and takes initiative;
Here’s what we can offer you
This is your chance to become part of a fast but sustainable growing tech company! You will have an exciting role in a young, fast-growing, dynamic & international organisation. You'll be part of an enthusiastic, highly motivated team of 750+ international Catawikians. Additionally you can expect:
- Working with a top notch team in a complex dynamic environment; you will learn a lot!
- A diverse and international team with over 50 different nationalities.
- A great office located in the heart of Amsterdam with an easy-going atmosphere.
- Our entrepreneurial environment encourages everyone to take initiative and experiment with new ideas. You’ll actively contribute to the growth of the Catawiki platform.
- Tailor-made trainings to facilitate your personal and professional growth.
- The fun part! Our Activity Committee plans everything from ‘CataFooty’ to International Food Festivals, Friday Drinks, Board Game Nights, Pub Quizzes and Boot Camps!
- Stock Options: All Catawikians are granted 100 Stock Options after 12 months of service.
And there’s more! Paid holidays, holiday allowance and a fantastic pension plan paid for by Catawiki.
Catawiki is committed to building a diverse company and diverse teams. That includes everyone, no matter your age, ability, gender, race, religion or sexual orientation. We welcome applications from underserved and underrepresented communities. If you’ve got a story to tell, come and join us.
Working and hiring remotely
When it is safe to do so, Catawiki will implement a hybrid work policy where employees in the Netherlands will work from the office 1-2 times per week and from home for the rest.
Most of our Sales and Expert positions for local markets are 100% remote, which means that you will be working from home in the country you are based.