CEPHAS, [Kassian] & GRONEMAN, J. - Leiden, E.J. Brill, 1888.
In Den Kedaton te Jogjakarta. Oepatjara Ampilan. (ATLAS OF PLATES and SEPARATE TEXT VOLUME)
So-called GREEN MAP EDITION. 17 collotype prints by the famous court photographer CEPHAS, 185 x 270 mm., mounted on card, each with separate printed text leaf (one leave with some folds in upper margin, one leave with a taped tear - others no damage).
Leave 14 & 16 with very small stamp in right lower part.
Loose as issued, Green cloth, gilt title on upper cover, oblong folio, backstrip and edges worn.
* Dance scenes and court musicians photographed in 1884 by the Javanese Cephas, official photographer to the Sultans of Jogyakarta, with explanatory text on the folding leaves by the Dutch ethnographer J. Groneman.
EXTRA: TEXT VOLUME reprinted from the 'red edition' in a seperate quarto volume (green cloth w. gilt lettering ) with the accompanying description (in Dutch), by J. Groneman - discussing each plate in detail.
NOTE: This 'green edition' is a little smaller in the margins, but the collotypes have the same size as the 'red edition'. The text volume for the green edition has never been issued.
PHOTOGRAPHS in very good condition with good tonal range.
Sizes in cms.
Map: 49x33 (obliong)
Total 17 – numbered 1A – 1B - 2 - including 16
- Anzahl der Bücher
- Kolonialgeschichte, Tanz, Fotografie
- Autor/ Illustrator
- Cephas (photography) & J. Groneman
- In Den Kedaton te Jogjakarta
- Erscheinungsjahr (ältestes Objekt)
- Erstausgabe in diesem Format
- E.J. Brill
- 27×18.5 cm