Monumental bibliographical directory of the manuscript sources available to the city of Paris on its history during the French Revolution, built up over 24 years of work by Alexandre Tuetey, historian and archivist of the Empire and then of the Republic. Reference documentation.
These volumes have provided specialists with unpublished documents or unknown one from this period.
The great historian, Charles-Victor Langlois would say of this work:
“They are as impressive for their uncovering and analysis of thousands of pieces as they are for the classification, inventory, indexing and nomenclature work that went into them. This monumental work will be enough to perpetuate Mr. Tuetey’s memory.”
11 volumes, dated and chaptered as follows:
Volume 1: 1890 (États-Généraux et Assemblée constituante 1e partie)
Volume 2 : 1892 (Assemblée constituante 2e partie)
Volume 3: 1894 (Assemblée constituante 3e partie)
Volume 4: 1899 (Assemblée législative 1e partie)
Volume 5: 1900 (Assemblée législative 2e partie)
Volume 6: 1902 (Assemblée législative 3e partie)
Volume 7: 1905 (Assemblée législative 4e partie)
Volume 8: 1908 (Convention Nationale 1e partie)
Volume 9: 1910 (Convention Nationale 2e partie)
Volume 10: 1912 (Convention Nationale 3e partie)
Volume 11: 1914 (Convention Nationale 4e partie)
The condition of the books varies quite a bit.
Note that they are all impeccable inside and uncut. Printed on superb laid paper. Details:
- Volume I: Front cover OK, stained spine and split in half but held together by a thread, back cover is worn.
Volume II: Front cover is partially torn, spine OK, back cover is folded but OK.
- Volume III: Front cover OK, spine OK, back cover OK.
Volume IV: Front cover OK, spine OK, back cover OK.
- Volume V: Front cover OK, spine OK, back cover OK.
- Volume VI: Front cover OK, spine OK, back cover OK.
- Volume VII: Front cover OK, spine OK, back cover OK.
- Volume VIII: Front cover OK, spine OK, back cover OK.
- Volume IX: Front cover is torn, spine split in two parts + fragment missing, detached back cover.
- Volume X: Front cover is stained, spine split in two parts, back cover OK.
- Volume XI: Front cover OK, spine split in two parts, back cover OK.
Note that this set is absolutely complete, nothing is missing except for two small fragments on the covers and spines of volumes 9 and 10.
Shipped in several parcels
- Anzahl der Bücher
- Autor/ Illustrator
- Répertoire généréral des sources manuscrites de l'histoire de Paris pendant la Révolution Française
- Erscheinungsjahr (ältestes Objekt)
- Erscheinungsjahr (jüngstes Objekt)
- Imprimerie nouvelle
- Anzahl der Seiten
- 29×20 cm