Who we are
A piece of the moon, a complete dinosaur skeleton, the Pope's hat, the world's smallest book - at Catawiki, we come across exceptional objects such as these every day. The special object you’ve been searching for, or a new and unexpected interest you never thought you’d have: the more you look, the more you’ll find. And at Catawiki, there’s always more to the story. Every day sellers submit thousands of objects to sell on Catawiki. Our 240+ in-house experts review and select only the best to auction.
Our mission is to connect passionate enthusiasts with the objects that tell their stories. As Europe’s fastest growing online auction platform, we help over 10 million people discover new treasures every month. This means we are continually growing and always on the lookout for new talent!
Born and raised in The Netherlands, we started in 2008 and have since grown to over 750 Catawikians, working across 7 international offices, while maintaining our start-up mentality every step of the way. In December 2020 we received a new €150m investment round led by Permira and are excited to be growing our team and business further across the world.
What you will do
As a Brand Copywriter, you will play a key role in the Creative Studio /Brand Team. You’ll be working in an ambitious, forward-thinking company where you'll work closely together with our Copywriters, Designers, in-house Experts and other Marketing Departments.
You are comfortable taking end-to-end ownership of creative projects of different scales. This includes participating in brainstorming and ideation sessions, to full execution and delivery across different channels including landing pages, email, social posts, and sales materials.
You are collaborative by nature, working with relevant teams across Marketing, Comms and Localisation. You will also collaborate with our UX Copywriter to ensure our tone of voice is consistent across Marketing and Product.
You will be responsible for taking ownership of our brand tone of voice and taking creativity and engagement to the next level, while maintaining writing style guidelines in a way that is clear, human and on-brand. The Brand Copywriter reports directly to our in-house Creative Director.
Who are you
- You are passionate about special objects and their stories
- You have 5+ years of experience in professional copywriting
- You have a bachelor's degree in social sciences, literature, communication, marketing or a related discipline (preferred but not mandatory)
- You’re a native English speaker with outstanding grammar and writing skills
- You are living in either Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Spain, or United Kingdom
- You have a portfolio that showcases a range of work from high-level campaign messaging to transactional landing pages, social copy to digital ads.
- You have strong experience writing for digital media (search, display, paid)
- You have strong communication and stakeholder management skills
- Editorial background or portfolio
- Experience in a marketplace or tech environment
- Experienced in both B2B and B2C communication
- Knowledge of additional European languages
- Global or multi-country working experience
- Affinity with one or more Catawiki categories
Here’s what we can offer you
This is your chance to become part of a fast but sustainable growing tech company! You will have an exciting role in a young, fast-growing, dynamic & international organisation. You'll be part of an enthusiastic, highly motivated team of 500+ international Catawikians; you'll have big responsibilities and can really create something. Additionally you can expect:
- Working with a top notch team acting on a champions league level in a super complex dynamic environment; you will learn a lot!
- A diverse and international team with over 50 different nationalities.
- A great office located in the heart of Amsterdam with an easy-going atmosphere.
- Our entrepreneurial environment encourages everyone to take initiative and experiment with new ideas. You’ll actively contribute to the growth of the Catawiki platform.
- Tailor-made trainings to facilitate your personal and professional growth
- The fun part! Our Activity Committee plans everything from ‘CataFooty’ to International Food Festivals, Friday Drinks, Board Game Nights, Pub Quizzes and Boot Camps!
- Stock Options: All Catawikians are granted 100 Stock Options after 12 months of service.
And there’s more! Paid holidays, holiday allowance and a fantastic pension plan paid for by Catawiki.
Catawiki is committed to building a diverse company and diverse teams. That includes everyone, no matter your age, ability, gender, race, religion or sexual orientation. We welcome applications from underserved and underrepresented communities. If you’ve got a story to tell, come and join us.
Working and hiring remotely
When it is safe to do so, Catawiki will implement a hybrid work policy where employees in the Netherlands will work from the office 1-2 times per week and from home for the rest.
Most of our Sales and Expert positions for local markets are 100% remote, which means that you will be working from home in the country you are based.
- United Kingdom