A pair of portraits depicting gentleman and lady, catalan bourgeoisie from Barcelona.
Oval oil on canvas with heavy gilt wooden frame.
Frame 82x70cm. Painting 68x55cm. 5.5kg each.
Barcelona 1826 Caldes Estrach 1907.
Disciple of Ramón Martí Alsina.
Honorable Mention National Exhibition of Fine Arts Madrid in 1864.
- A painting at the Museo nacional del Prado Madrid.
- A painting at the Academy of Fine Arts Barcelona.
- Portraits of Domingo Badía and M.L. Burruezo for the Catalan Society of Scientific Excursions,
- Gallery of Illustrious Catalans Barcelona City Council, portraits of Dr. Gimbernat, another of a manufacturer from Tarrasa, another of a teacher from Ronda and another of a child.
Teixidor, also Texidor, appears in an article published in the Salón Album magazine in 1892
According to the Prado Museum, he died in 1907 in Caldas de Estrach.
- José Texidor i Busquets (1826-1892)
- Title of artwork
- A gorgeous pair of portraits, Catalan bourgeoisie
- Oil on canvas
- Hand signed
- In very good condition
- Sold with frame