A very beautiful and large antique opaline vase, enamelled and hand painted.
Dating from mid/late 19th century, France.
Stylish design and decorated with beautiful floral motifs.
The vase is white matted and has beautiful enamel decorations in fine motifs, nicely detailed.
Blue enamel accents and rich gold. Fine finish.
In good antique condition, no cracks, no flakes.
Height 37 cm
* Item: Opaline vase.
* Function: Decorative vase.
* Dating from circa 1850-1880.
* Origin: French/Bohemian
* Decoration: flowers (and other) decorations.
The vase has beautifully decorated patterns on both sides
which are connected.
* Material: Opaline Glass + Enamel.
* Colours: White, pink, green, gold, blue, black
* Technique: Hand-painted and frosted
* Condition: In very good condition.
* Height: 38 cm / 14.96 inches.
* Diameter 14.5 cm / 5.7 inches.
* Weight: 1011.5 grams.
Although the creator of this vase is not known to us, it is clear that this vase
is decorated in a very artistic way. The inside and bottom
of the vase are nice and smooth and unprocessed. On the outside the glass is
frosted (matt).This is done by applying a certain
kind of acid-etching. On top of these satin finishing the enamel decorations are
painted by hand.
- Large Opaline vase - gold decoration
- Estimated Period
- 1850 - 1890
- Country of Origin
- Excellent condition - barely used with minimal signs of aging & wear