Albert von Kölliker (1817-1905).
Interesting complete publication in one binding of the main work by Von Kölliker:
Entwicklungsgeschichte des Menschen und der höheren Thiere – zweite ganz umgearbeitete Auflage. Published by Wilhelm Engelmann/Leipzig - Both volumes in one binding:
• First volume: Bogen 1-29: XXXIV + 399 pp. – 242 images. Published in 1876.
• Second volume: Bogen 30-63: XXXIV + 634 pp. – 364 images – Published in 1879.
• A total of 1,033 pp. + 606 images (woodcuts) + subject index.
Linen/marbled hardcover with author and title in gold on the spine, see the remark (photo) on the first title page for the bookbinder with the instructions for correctly binding the books.
606 images of perfect quality. Very detailed with references and an overview with an explanation of all images.
Contrary to many other offered works with this title of Von Kölliker, this edition consists of both volumes and is a collector’s item as such. The book is in good condition. Signs of use, a name on the flyleaf, the joint is in a somewhat less good condition. One page is damaged, see photos.
Von Kölliker was an anatomist, physiologist, zoologist, pioneer of histology and microscopic anatomy.
He became for instance quite famous for the X-ray of his hand made by Rontgen.
- Number of Books
- Natural History, Science (general)
- Author/ Illustrator
- Albert von Kölliker
- Book Title
- Entwicklungsgeschichte des Menschen und der höheren Tiere - compleet
- Publication year oldest item
- Illustrated Edition
- Original language
- Binding/ Material
- Other - see description
- Number of pages
- 23×16 cm