God Osiris figure with atef crown, the first pharaoh of Egypt.
Ancient Egypt, Late Period, 626 - 323 BC
Dimensions: 13.5 cm H. (without stand)
Condition: The lower part of the legs are missing, otherwise it is in good condition..
Provenance: Private collection of Robert Onsted, acquired in the American art market between 1948 - 2011.
- stand display included -
A sculptural image of the god Osiris, one of the principal deities in the Egyptian pantheon. It was made in bronze using the lost-wax technique. The figure stands upright in a rather rigid position. A pin protrudes from the lower part which would have held the piece in place on a larger base (now lost) made of bronze or wood.
Osiris is wrapped in a shroud which clings closely to the contours of his slender body. Only his hands, crossed over his chest, protrude from his shroud. He is holding a flail, the nekhekh sceptre, in his left hand and the heka sceptre in the form of a crook, in his right hand.
He wears the most representative headdress, the atef crown, on his head. This is made up of the White Crown of Upper Egypt with the addition on each side of an ostrich feather. A serpent snakes down the front of the crown with its head erect just above the god’s forehead.
- The piece includes authenticity certificate.
- The piece includes Spanish Export License (Passport for European Union).
- According to Spanish legislation, items sent outside the European Union are subject to export taxes and will be added to the invoice, at the buyer's expense. These export fees are fixed on the final auction price and the tax rate is not applied directly on the total value of the item to be exported, but rather the different percentages by sections are applied to it:
- Up to 6,000 euros: 5%.
- From 6.001 to 60.000 euros: 10%.
This export permit application process can take between 1-2 months maximum.
- The seller guarantees that he acquired this piece according to all national and international laws related to the ownership of cultural property. Provenance statement seen by Catawiki.
- Ancient Egyptian
- God Osiris figure with atef crown, the first pharaoh of Egypt. 13.5 cm H.
- Century/ Timeframe
- Late Period, 626 - 323 BC
- Good Condition, See Photo