The reverse image designed by Canadian artist John Horton, selective paint is used to recreate the imminent collision of R.M.S Empress of Ireland and the Norwegian collier Storstad during the early morning hours of May 29, 1914.
1oz. of 0.999 fine Silver
7,000 minted , 38mm
Proof , Plain edge w/lettering
- First coin in a 3-coin series that commemorates well-known vessels that have been lost in Canadian waters, and the stories that have emerged from the events surrounding their final fate.
- Stunning colour portrait, framed within the coastline of the St. Lawrence seaway, shows R.M.S. Empress of Ireland moments before her collision with the Storstad.
- Edge-lettering displays the ship's name, as well as a bell, representing one of the recovered artifacts from the wreck.
Coin comes in mint box including certificate
Please see picture for details
- 20 Dollars
- Year/Period and Variation
- 2014 Proof 'Lost Ships in Canadian Waters - Empress of Ireland' 1 oz
- Precious metal
- UNC (not released for circulation)