First edition. Complete treatise on the roman discoveries made in Lillebonne and also on the result of excavations devoted to medieval remnants. The appendix is devoted to the study of stone seals (medicine label) belonging to oculists (pharmacists) of the Roman era.
Book illustrated with 5 tipped-in engraved plates including 1 fold-out.
François Rever (1753-1828) was parish priest of the commune of Conteville during the Revolution, he would be appointed syndic of the Eure department. At the time of the Consulate he became professor of physics at the central school of Evreux. When he retired, he devoted himself entirely to his two passions, science and archaeology. He was a member of many scholarly societies.
Copy bound in a lovely period romantic lambskin half-binding, spine adorned with beautiful decorative gilded tooling.
In good condition. Very clean binding. Interior punctuated with scattered foxing, the text has good legibility. Decent condition.
Mémoire sur les ruines de Lillebonne, arrondissement du Havre, Seine-Inférieure. Avec un appendice contenant la description de quelques cachets inédits d'anciens Oculistes.
Evreux De l'Imprimerie d'Ancelle fils 1821
Octavo, 21 x 12.5 cm
- Number of Books
- Archaeology, Illustrated
- Author/ Illustrator
- François Rever
- Book Title
- Mémoire sur les ruines de Lillebonne, arrondissement du Havre, Seine-Inférieure. Avec un appendice..
- Publication year oldest item
- 1st Edition
- Original language
- Number of pages
- 21×12.5 cm