Primex H0 - 3008 - Electric Locomotive E-44 of the DB
With original packaging, without booklet
Company number: E44 039
Complete, very heavy metal locomotive
Green Color setting with metal gray roof
An old-fashioned, very heavy and solid model.
No breakage or paint damage
Tested for operation of all functions.
See photos for a good impression.
Series E44 / 144
The locomotives of the series E44 are electric locomotives that were used for both passenger and freight transport. It was the first electric locomotive in Germany to be built in a large series. The electric locomotives of the class E 44 were classified as series 144 on the DB in 1968 and as series 244 on the DR from 1970.
Development and Company
The locomotives were designed in 1930 by Walter Reichel. In 1929 a pre-series locomotive was built (the E44 001) by Krauss-Maffei and Siemens Schuckertwerke (SSW) who built the electrical part. The test results with this locomotive were satisfactory and an order followed. The first machines were delivered in 1932 and put into service with the Deutsche Reichsbahn-Gesellschaft (DR). An additional order soon followed in order to provide all important depots in Bavaria, Silesia and central Germany with these locomotives.
In the 2nd World War, the locomotives were widely used for the transport of building materials and were incorporated as Kriegs E-locomotive (KEL). At the end of the 2nd World War, several locomotives of the E44 were set aside because they had suffered war damage. In the part occupied by the Soviet Union, there were still 50 locomotives of the E44 at the end of the 2nd World War, some of which were damaged. In March 1946, 45 locomotives were moved to the USSR as reparations. In 1952 the Deutsche Reichsbahn got 44 of these locomotives back. In September 1955 the locomotives were back in service. The Deutsche Bundesbahn had 118 locomotives of the E44 in service. In 1968 the locomotives were classified as series 144. Two locomotives (144 021 and 144 071) were painted in ocean blue/beige. In 1972 the locomotives of the Deutsche Reichsbahn (DR) in the GDR were classified as series 244.
At the DB, the class 144 locomotives were distributed over the depots Aschaffenburg, Augsburg, Freiburg, Freilassing, Garmisch, München Hbf, München Ost, Nürnberg West, Rosenheim, Stuttgart, Bamberg, Tübingen, Pressig-Rothenkirchen and Würzburg. A number of locomotives were modified for shuttle train operation and were marked with the registration number "G". A number of locomotives were also equipped with electric brakes and these were marked with the registration number "W", which were later classified as series 145.
At the Deutsche Reichsbahn (DR) the locomotives were distributed in 1955 to the depots in Leipzig, Halle and Magdenburg-Buckau. In the mid-1960s, the driving gear and the buffer beams of the locomotives were painted red. This was done to be able to discover cracks more quickly. At the end of 1986 there were still 23 locomotives in service with the DR. In 1991 the last 10 locomotives were put aside.
In 1991 the last locomotives of this series were put aside. 19 loom motifs have been preserved and are included in the collection of railway museums.
- No. of items
- Electric locomotive
- Railroad company
- Catalogue Number
- Power supply
- AC - Alternating current
- Very good condition
- In original box
- Additional information