A lot of 2 collected editions of Dimanche-Illustré - Amateur binding, half-cloth binding, gilding on the spine - 43 x 30 cm - 16 pages.
1924 - N°45-96 - Complete 2nd year;
1925 - N°97-148 - Complete 3rd year.
- Zig & Puce by Alain Saint-Ogan.
- Bicot Président de Club - A translation of Winnie Winkle the Breadwinner by Martin A. Branner.
- ‘La Famille Mirliton’ - A translation, of the series ‘The Gumps’ by Sydney Smith.
- Gags and caricatures.
Condition: The spine of the 1925 cover is detached on one side. Interior and lot in good condition.
A Sunday supplement of the daily ‘Excelsior, Dimanche-Illustré’ published comics with speech bubbles from the beginning (1923). It contained both American an French series, notably the famous Zig & Puce by Alain Saint-Ogan. Alain Saint-Ogan created the Zig & Puce characters to replace a missing advertising page. The Zig & Puce series thus made its debut in the issue N°11 on May 3rd, 1925. Zig & Puce are the first French-speaking heroes to express themselves in speech bubbles on a regular basis.
- No. of items
- 2 années complètes - Les premiers Zig et Puce par Alain Saint-Ogan
- Year oldest item
- Year youngest item
- Alain Saint-Ogan - Martin A. Branner e.a.