This book location is currently in Sotheby's Auction House London, from there will be shipped.
Possible VAT and Customs duties for EU Union customers.
Three works bound in one comprising,
Three works Three very rare FIRST EDITION.
The engraved plates are particularly fine.
You can only almost see it in Museums.
Sotheby's estimate: the real value is: £ 1500-2000.
206 year old.
This book is Full Complet!
17 full-page engravings, all colored by a contemporary hand, 206 years ago.
As this book was made long before the publication of the colorfull
This book part of the Osborne Collection,
About Osborne Collection:
A world-leading research collection of rare and notable children’s books.
1. Whim and Contradiction; or The Party of Pleasure. London: John Harris, 1815, engraved frontispiece and 5 plates
2. Arthur and Alice, or the Little Wanderers. London: John Harris, 1815, 6 engraved plates
3. Walter and Herbert or Precipitation and Slowness. London: John Harris, 1815, 6 engraved plates
3 volumes bound in one, 16mo (135 x 85mm.), FIRST EDITIONS, engraved plates coloured by hand, contemporary roan-backed marbled boards, signature E in Arthur and Alice misbound and crudely re-stitched incorrectly, some pencil scribbling and contemporary ownership signatures, some soiling, binding worn and rubbed
GUARANTEED TO BE 1OO% AUTHENTIC
(Money Back Garantee)
Bidding and pay completely risk-free.
100% Protected, 0% Risk,
It's possible to select out of several payment options,
All this through the Catawiki super safety system, which withholds your money until then, when you checking your item.
After you examining and satisfied.
On the 4th day after delivery, catawiki payment to the seller will be done.
Fast and insured shipping, safety packaging.
Royal Mail or UPS.
It usually reaches its destination within 24-48 hours anywhere in the world.
Have fun bidding.
- Number of Books
- Children's books
- Author/ Illustrator
- Elizabeth Semple
- Book Title
- The Party of Pleasure [Whim and Contradiction; Arthur & Alice; e.a.]
- Publication year oldest item
- 1st Edition
- Original language
- John Harris
- Binding/ Material
- Hand coloured illustrations, Other - see description
- Number of pages
- 135×85 mm