Precious copy enriched with a double-autograph:
- by the author André Verdet "Pour mon très cher Jean Bonet - ces poèmes, comme une sorte d'hommage à mes "ancêtres" les troubadours de Provence (signature)
- by the illustrator Jean Carzou "Pour Jean Bonet, en toute amitié et dans l'espoir de le voir un jour". This second autograph is accompanied by an original drawing by the artist.
Limited edition of 130 copies on Rives vellum paper. One of the 110 copies numbered 21 to 130 (this one is no. 104); signed in pencil by the author and the artist.
Book illustrated with 5 original drypoint engravings, full-page, by Jean Carzou, each numbered in pencil at the bottom right 104/130. Very beautiful compositions by the artist.
In leaves, cover with flaps and portfolio in blue cloth. In excellent condition.
Jean Carzou (1907-2000) was a French painter, lithographer, engraver (etching, drypoint) and decorator of Armenian origin. Carzou remains "among the outstanding artists of our time: he translated better than anyone else the worries, the dangers, the grandiose and distressing achievements but, this why what makes him truly original, he knew how to express it with poetry" (René Chabannes)
[Jean Carzou] / André Verdet
Cœur épris cruel amour
Aux dépend des amateurs, 1965
Quarto: 34 x 26.5 cm; non-paginated [16 sheets]
- Number of Books
- Author/ Illustrator
- André Verdet / Jean Carzou
- Book Title
- Cœur épris cruel amour [avec double-envoi & dessin original]
- Publication year oldest item
- Illustrated Edition
- Original language
- Other - see description, Signed by author, Signed by illustrator
- Number of pages
- 34×26.5 cm