Who we are
A piece of the moon, a complete dinosaur skeleton, the Pope's hat, the world's smallest book - at Catawiki, we come across exceptional objects such as these every day. The special object you’ve been searching for, or a new and unexpected interest you never thought you’d have: the more you look, the more you’ll find. And at Catawiki, there’s always more to the story.
Our experts value, authenticate and curate everything from automobiles to vintage stamps, so everything you encounter is real and layered with meaning - waiting to be found.
Our mission is to connect passionate enthusiasts with the objects that tell their stories. As Europe’s fastest growing online auction platform, we help over 10 million people discover new treasures every month. This means we are continually growing and always on the lookout for new talent!
Born and raised in The Netherlands, we started in 2008 and have since grown to over 650 Catawikians, working across 7 international offices, while maintaining our start-up mentality every step of the way. In December 2020 we received a new €150m investment round led by Permira and are excited to be growing out our team and business further across the world.
How you'll make an impact
At Catawiki, we know our customer's experience is built by the entire journey; from initial brand perception all the way through to selling & buying, paying & shipping, and service & support. As a Senior UX Designer, you will work on delighting our users and making this experience as unique and memorable as the objects themselves.
In this role, you’ll work on one of the key elements of our value proposition, such as ‘delightful discovery’, ‘curation by in-house experts’, or ‘smooth and easy shipping’, to name just a few. You’ll be working in an ambitious, forward-thinking company where you'll work closely together with the other UX Designers and Writers, Product Managers, Developers, and Data Scientists,
You’ll be comfortable taking ownership of big design challenges, going through the full double diamond, as an Engineering, Product, Design & Data (EPD) team. You’ll champion the needs of our users, and connect these with business and technology in order to deliver validated, viable designs that solve real user needs.
What you'll do
- Drive research efforts to identify user needs, help uncover the key opportunities and align these with business goals
- Transform ideas for innovation and improvements based on user research, data analysis, and competitive reviews into viable and creative solutions
- Work hands-on to create design deliverables such as user journeys and service blueprints, interaction models, design system elements, and prototypes that demonstrate desired outcomes.
- Align with multiple stakeholders, incorporating feedback early and often and encouraging a user-centered focus.
- Collaborate closely with the UX team to review designs & copy proposals, contributing to a consistent and coherent platform.
- Facilitate and/or participate in concept workshops, topic presentations, design sprints and other creative sessions
Who are you
- A strong conceptual thinker, passionate about always putting user needs first.
- 3-7 years of relevant working experience
- An outstanding portfolio demonstrating a variety of high-quality work
- A Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in product design, industrial design, interaction design, or equivalent discipline with problem-solving skills
- Solid understanding of the user-centered design process and research method
- Fluent in design tools (e.g. Sketch), bonus points for fluency in prototyping tools
- Familiarity with scrum/agile and lean UX is a plus
What we can offer you
This is your chance to become part of a fast but sustainable growing tech company! You'll be part of an enthusiastic, highly motivated team of 650+ international Catawikians; you'll have big responsibilities and can really create something. Additionally you can expect:
- An attractive Stock Option package
- A diverse and international team with over 50 different nationalities.
- Catawiki provides you with a membership to the O’Reilly learning platform.
- As part of Catawiki’s goal to create a healthy and happy culture, we’ve partnered with Headspace, a global leader in mindfulness and meditation! We provide our employees with a free one-year subscription for Headspace.
- Work from home office set-up to make sure you have all you need in an ergonomically-friendly manner.
- A bike scheme for employees that helps realise a tax advantage which makes a bike up to 35% cheaper than buying!
- Our entrepreneurial environment encourages everyone to take initiative and experiment with new ideas. You’ll actively contribute to the growth of the Catawiki platform.
- For people living outside of NL we offer a great relocation package for you and your family
- The fun part! Our Activity Committee plans everything from ‘CataFooty’ to International Food Festivals, Friday Drinks, Board Game Nights, Pub Quizzes and Boot Camps!
- And there’s more! Paid holidays, Holiday Allowance, a discount on health insurance and a fantastic pension plan paid for by Catawiki.
Catawiki is committed to building a diverse company and diverse teams. That includes everyone, no matter your age, ability, gender, race, religion or sexual orientation. We welcome applications from underserved and underrepresented communities. If you’ve got a story to tell, come and join us.
Working and hiring remotely
When it is safe to do so, Catawiki will be implementing a hybrid work policy where employees based in the Netherlands will work from the office 1-2 times per week and from home for the rest. All of our expert positions are 100% remote based.