Who we are
A piece of the moon, a complete dinosaur skeleton, the Pope's hat, the world's smallest book - at Catawiki, we come across extraordinary objects such as these every day.
The special object you’ve been searching for, or a new and unexpected interest you never thought you’d have: the more you look, the more you’ll find. And at Catawiki, there’s always more to the story. Our experts value, authenticate and curate everything from automobiles to vintage stamps, so everything you encounter is real and layered with meaning - waiting to be found.
Our mission is to connect passionate enthusiasts with the objects that tell their stories. As Europe’s fastest growing online auction platform, we help 10 million people discover new treasures every month. This means we are continually growing and always on the lookout for new talent! Born and raised in The Netherlands, we started in 2008 and have since grown to 600+ Catawikians, working across 7 international offices, while maintaining our start-up mentality every step of the way. In December 2020 we received a new €150m investment round led by Permira and are excited to be growing out our team and business further across the world.
What you will do
As our Head of Global CRM, You will play a key leadership role in the Marketing team where you will have ownership of our CRM strategy, automations, execution & result.
You will be leading a team of CRM-Marketers, and together you will be responsible for driving engagement of our customers with Catawiki. Customer retention, lifetime value, and engagement are some of your key KPIs. In this role, you will report to the VP of Marketing.
The importance of retention within Catawiki is enormous; the average Catawiki buyer is visiting our platform 100 times a year and drives a significant share of our €400+ million GMV business. Your other responsibilities will include:
- Leading and building a team of CRM-Marketers.
- Developing our CRM strategy in order to increase conversion and engagement of our existing customer base significantly.
- Ownership of our strategic initiative called Top Buyer Program and Customer Intelligence Centre.
- Creating insights from data that result in strategies across the business to improve conversion and lifetime value.
- Build a deep partnership with our Product teams for on- and off platform communication (e.g. notifications).
- Exploring new ways/channels to delight our customers.
Who you are
- 8+ years CRM or Performance Marketing related experience.
- Proven track record in driving incremental business value through CRM.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills.
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills with the ability to drive insights from our data and set strategy.
The following are a plus:
- Experience with analytics such as BigQuery and Google Analytics.
- Experience in building CRM technology stacks; from proprietary product integrations to experience with CRM tooling (e.g. Selligent)
- Global or multi-country operating experience.
Here’s what we can offer you
This is your chance to become part of a fast but sustainable growing tech company! You will have an exciting role in a young, fast-growing, dynamic & international organisation. In this role you will be a part of the Catawiki-group Leadership team. You'll be part of an enthusiastic, highly motivated team of 30 marketeers; you'll have big responsibilities and can really create something. Together with you, we’ll make sure we act on Champions league level; Better than this, you won’t find it! Additionally you can expect:
- As well as an attractive package including stock options, you'll be working with top notch marketers acting on a champions league level in a super complex dynamic environment; you will learn a lot!
- A diverse and international team with over 50 different nationalities.
- A great office located in the heart of Amsterdam with an easy-going atmosphere.
- Our entrepreneurial environment encourages everyone to take initiative and experiment with new ideas. You’ll actively contribute to the growth of the Catawiki platform.
- Tailor-made trainings to facilitate your personal and professional growth
- The fun part! Our Activity Committee plans everything from ‘CataFooty’ to International Food Festivals, Friday Drinks, Board Game Nights, Pub Quizzes and Boot Camps!
- And there’s more! Paid holidays, holiday allowance and a pension plan paid for by Catawiki.
Catawiki is committed to building a diverse company and diverse teams. That includes everyone, no matter your age, ability, gender, race, religion or sexual orientation. We welcome applications from underserved and underrepresented communities. If you’ve got a story to tell, come and join us.
Covid-19 and hiring
As we navigate through this pandemic together, we want to reassure you that keeping candidates and our employees safe is of paramount importance to us. That’s why the entire recruitment process will take place remotely, using phone and video calls. For successful applicants who end up being hired, we always ensure a safe, engaging and (for the time-being) a remote onboarding experience. We also take care to make sure all of your equipment will be sent to you by courier, so you are ready for your first day. You can Click Here to read the Coronavirus company update from our CEO, Ravi Vora.