Who we are
A piece of the moon, a complete dinosaur skeleton, the Pope's hat, the world's smallest book - at Catawiki, we come across exceptional objects such as these every day. The special object you’ve been searching for, or a new and unexpected interest you never thought you’d have: the more you look, the more you’ll find. And at Catawiki, there’s always more to the story.
Our experts value, authenticate and curate everything from automobiles to vintage stamps, so everything you encounter is real and layered with meaning - waiting to be found.
Our mission is to connect passionate enthusiasts with the objects that tell their stories. As Europe’s fastest growing online auction platform, we help over 10 million people discover new treasures every month. This means we are continually growing and always on the lookout for new talent!
Born and raised in The Netherlands, we started in 2008 and have since grown to over 650 Catawikians, working across 7 international offices, while maintaining our start-up mentality every step of the way. In December 2020 we received a new €150m investment round led by Permira and are excited to be growing out our team and business further across the world.
Would you love to be responsible for the relationship with our Sellers and Buyers over Ferrari's to Antique Jewellery and everything in between? Over the last years, our Customer Experience team has doubled in size as our Buyers and Sellers have grown throughout the world. Here at Catawiki, we're always on the lookout for new Customer Experience Specialists to join the team.
If you're interested in a career with us, but you haven't been able to find a Customer Experience vacancy matching your skills or language requirements please continue reading. For our Customer Experience team, we are looking to build connections with the following:
- Italian speakers
- French speakers
- Dutch speakers
- English speakers
- German speakers
- Spanish speakers
- Portuguese speakers
- Chinese speakers
What does the work involve?
Your goal is to delight our customers (Sellers and Buyers) by solving complex challenges, answering their questions, and supporting them in solving their issues. The customer experience department plays a crucial role in driving the retention of customers, ensuring they come back to Catawiki again and again.
We have a broad variety of customers, from traders in exclusive Ferrari's to Antique Jewellery collectors, and everything in between. Occasionally, there might be a dispute between a seller and a buyer. It is your challenge to mediate between each customer and find a solution that works for both. In this interesting customer service job you will gain knowledge on issues relating to legal, marketing, finance and international trade. Aside from this you will:
- Be responsible for making sure customer issues and questions are addressed and resolved in a correct and timely manner, via phone or email;
- Answer questions from customers, and from your extensive communication with users you look out for possibilities for improvements in our services;
- Manage disputes and complaints, finding the best solution for both parties;
- Work together with other departments to improve the customer experience.
This is who you are
Customer service is totally your thing and you can communicate in a clear, customer-oriented manner. Customer satisfaction is your main goal. You try your utmost to find fitting solutions to all problems. You do this in a patient, clear and empathetic way with the aim of customer satisfaction. In addition to this, you have experience in a customer related role (hospitality business, receptionist, callcenter, tourism etc) and are wil willing to work 2 days a week until 19.00 pm and are available for 2 weekends a month;
What we offer
- Gross salary of 2000 euro gross per month, based on 40 hours per week;
- Travel allowance if you are not living in Amsterdam or Assen;
- Catawikians who are performing well will get a permanent contract and stock options after 12 months;
- A challenging job in a young, fast-growing, dynamic and international organisation;
- Freedom and responsibility to organise your work efficiently and friendly colleagues who are willing to help you;
- Yoga, healthy Friday, mindfulness and other fun activities;
- Excellent opportunities for career development
Catawiki is committed to building a diverse company and diverse teams. That includes everyone, no matter your age, ability, gender, race, religion or sexual orientation. We welcome applications from underserved and underrepresented communities. If you’ve got a story to tell, come and join us.
Working and hiring remotely
When it is safe to do so, Catawiki will be implementing a hybrid work policy where employees based in the Netherlands will work from the office 1-2 times per week and from home for the rest. All of our expert positions are 100% remote based.