Who we are
A piece of the moon, a complete dinosaur skeleton, the Pope's hat, the world's smallest book - at Catawiki, we come across exceptional objects such as these every day. The special object you’ve been searching for, or a new and unexpected interest you never thought you’d have: the more you look, the more you’ll find. And at Catawiki, there’s always more to the story.
Our experts value, authenticate and curate everything from automobiles to vintage stamps, so everything you encounter is real and layered with meaning - waiting to be found.
Our mission is to connect passionate enthusiasts with the objects that tell their stories. As Europe’s fastest growing online auction platform, we help over 10 million people discover new treasures every month. This means we are continually growing and always on the lookout for new talent!
Born and raised in The Netherlands, we started in 2008 and have since grown to over 650 Catawikians, working across 7 international offices, while maintaining our start-up mentality every step of the way. In December 2020 we received a new €150m investment round led by Permira and are excited to be growing out our team and business further across the world.
About the role
As a Catawiki expert, you will use your specialist knowledge, to be responsible for creating attractive auctions by evaluating and arranging lots submitted by our users. Balanced with your knowledge and experience of the trade, you will review the lot titles, descriptions, pictures, and provide users with an estimated and realistic value based on this information.
One of our main focuses is to keep user transactions as transparent and fair as possible, and your expertise and experience play a large part in maintaining this standard. We pride ourselves on being a unique, interactive platform so a professional, polite and courteous approach with our sellers is an absolutely essential attribute. Your efforts result in exceptional auctions that bidders will find irresistible. To keep your own auctions attracting bidders, you will be regularly working with our sales department, to recruit and develop new sellers and diversify the selection of lots offered in your auctions. Finally, you’ll also be working together with our marketing department to generate an increase of potential bidder attention at your auction.
Who you are
We’re seeking someone who prides themselves on their professionalism with a blend of the following attributes:
- Expert knowledge in your field;
- Extensive trade knowledge with a network of potential sellers and experts in your field
- Documented commercial experience;
- Excellent communicative skills;
- Good computer skills are essential;
- The diplomatic competence needed to act as a mediator in disputes between users;
- A real team player
- Fluent English language.
- German Native
Here’s what we can offer you
This is your chance to become part of a fast but sustainable growing tech company! You will have an exciting role in a young, fast-growing, dynamic & international organisation. You'll be part of an enthusiastic, highly motivated team of 500+ international Catawikians; you'll have big responsibilities and can really create something. Additionally you can expect:
- Work from home;
- Flexible to divide your working hours over the working week. We do have fixed meeting times during the week and you will be required to attend those (online) meetings;
- A diverse and international team with over 50 different nationalities.
- Our entrepreneurial environment encourages everyone to take initiative and experiment with new ideas. You’ll actively contribute to the growth of the Catawiki platform.
- Tailor-made trainings to facilitate your personal and professional growth
- The fun part! Our Activity Committee plans everything from ‘CataFooty’ to International Food Festivals, Friday Drinks, Board Game Nights, Pub Quizzes and Boot Camps!
- Stock Options: All Catawikians are granted 100 Stock Options after 12 months of service.
Catawiki is committed to building a diverse company and diverse teams. That includes everyone, no matter your age, ability, gender, race, religion or sexual orientation. We welcome applications from underserved and underrepresented communities. If you’ve got a story to tell, come and join us.
Working and hiring remotely
When it is safe to do so, Catawiki will be implementing a hybrid work policy where employees based in the Netherlands will work from the office 1-2 times per week and from home for the rest. All of our expert positions are 100% remote based.
- Japan Home Office