Who we are
A piece of the moon, a complete dinosaur skeleton, the Pope's hat, the world's smallest book - at Catawiki, we come across exceptional objects such as these every day. The special object you’ve been searching for, or a new and unexpected interest you never thought you’d have: the more you look, the more you’ll find. And at Catawiki, there’s always more to the story.
Our experts value, authenticate and curate everything from automobiles to vintage stamps, so everything you encounter is real and layered with meaning - waiting to be found.
Our mission is to connect passionate enthusiasts with the objects that tell their stories. As Europe’s fastest growing online auction platform, we help over 10 million people discover new treasures every month. This means we are continually growing and always on the lookout for new talent!
Born and raised in The Netherlands, we started in 2008 and have since grown to over 650 Catawikians, working across 7 international offices, while maintaining our start-up mentality every step of the way. In December 2020 we received a new €150m investment round led by Permira and are excited to be growing out our team and business further across the world.
What you will do
As a Category Lead you take care of the coordination of daily operations concerning the auctions within the Category. Your goal is to make the team of (remotely located) experts work in the most efficient, scalable and consistent way possible and achieve the targets of this category. Through this he Category Lead supports the Category Manager.
The Category Lead has no direct reports.
Tasks and responsibilities
The Category Lead is responsible for;
- Ensuring and optimising operational excellence of the auctions
- Consistency in the application of the quality guidelines, setting up & updating guidelines
- Taking the lead in growing the professional seller share & internationalisation of our seller base within our category together with the sales department and our expert group
- Day to day coordination of the auctions: managing auction timelines, lot specifics, standard replies and screening lot distribution across the team
- Managing a close collaboration of our category with colleagues in Customer Support to secure delighting our customers
- Supporting the Category Manager in analysing and explaining current performance results & setting up strategy
- Supporting the Category Manager in optimizing partnerships with external partners
Who you are
If you want to become our new Category Lead you have to have:
- A very proactive and open attitude & a “yes we can” mindset, which is exemplary for the Design Category expert team
- Strong organizational & operational skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Affinity with 20th century applied & decorative arts and design
- Excellent communication skills to achieve good collaboration with the category manager, the team, other departments and external partners
- Good language skills (Fluent English is a must)
- Demonstrable knowledge of and experience with computers and computer programs.
- Excellent presentation skills
- Displays and promotes company culture and values
What we offer
This is your chance to become part of Europe’s fastest growing tech company! You will have an exciting job in a young, fast-growing, dynamic & international organisation. Additionally, you can expect:
- Work from home;
- Flexible to divide your working hours over the working week. We do have fixed meeting times during the week and you will be required to attend those (online) meetings;
- Excellent opportunities for career development;
- A fun team in a fast-growing online company facing complex challenges;
- Lots of room to work on great ideas, and to learn and grow.
Catawiki is committed to building a diverse company and diverse teams. That includes everyone, no matter your age, ability, gender, race, religion or sexual orientation. We welcome applications from underserved and underrepresented communities. If you’ve got a story to tell, come and join us.
Working and hiring remotely
When it is safe to do so, Catawiki will be implementing a hybrid work policy where employees based in the Netherlands will work from the office 1-2 times per week and from home for the rest. All of our expert positions are 100% remote based.