Who we are
A piece of the moon, a complete dinosaur skeleton, the Pope's hat, the world's smallest book - at Catawiki, we come across exceptional objects such as these every day. The special object you’ve been searching for, or a new and unexpected interest you never thought you’d have: the more you look, the more you’ll find. And at Catawiki, there’s always more to the story.
Our experts value, authenticate and curate everything from automobiles to vintage stamps, so everything you encounter is real and layered with meaning - waiting to be found.
Our mission is to connect passionate enthusiasts with the objects that tell their stories. As Europe’s fastest growing online auction platform, we help over 10 million people discover new treasures every month. This means we are continually growing and always on the lookout for new talent!
Born and raised in The Netherlands, we started in 2008 and have since grown to over 650 Catawikians, working across 7 international offices, while maintaining our start-up mentality every step of the way. In December 2020 we received a new €150m investment round led by Permira and are excited to be growing out our team and business further across the world.
What will you do?
As a Commercial Planning Team Lead in the Commercial Operations team at Catawiki you are responsible for the efficient management of 3 of our 5 pillars: Supply & Demand planning; Data & Commercial Insights; Sales Operations. You will actively help us build and establish the strategies, processes, tools & teams within the pillars in order to set ourselves up for success in a soon-to-be 1 billion euros organisation.
As such you will:
- Work closely with the Head of Commercial Operations to finetune the vision and ambition for each pillar
- Work closely with their direct report the Commercial Planning Coordinator, who will support you on our Data & Commercial Insights pillar: provide strategic guidance on business needs & strategic priorities and supporting the Coordinator in reflecting these into dashboards
- Work closely with the Reporting Analyst, who will support you & your team on data needs
- Work closely with our stakeholders across the business: engage & build collaborative relationships; understand & align on views & needs, ensuring these are reflected in our business outcomes; setup cross-functional pilots to test & improve; provide trainings & support as needed for most efficient rollout; drive the rollout of designed solutions. Stakeholders include, and are not limited to: the rest of the Commercial Operations team, our Commercial category teams, Marketing teams, Customer Experience teams, Product & Tech teams, Finance team, HR team
- Hold a strategic viewpoint on all initiatives we work on, ensuring our view represents the unbiased needs & ambition of Catawiki’s commercial business. In practice, this means representing our external stakeholders (both sellers & buyers) as well as our internal ones (building standardized tools & processes which can be used by different category teams while still leaving space for specific category needs)
- Own & drive the quarterly auction planning process: define our quarterly go-to-market, linking Catawiki’s business goals to stakeholder inputs along defined milestones. Work closely with Finance, Data Science, Category teams & Marketing
- Own and oversee our dashboards & data landscape, together with the support of our Commercial Planning Coordinator: design, maintain & continuously improve dashboards & reports which address key business needs & questions. Dashboards include, but are not limited to: general business performance dashboards (used by 500+ employees across our business); curation dashboards (supporting the daily curation & auction building work of our 300+ experts); sales dashboards (supporting the seller engagement & upselling strategies of our 50+ account managers); commercial operations dashboards (supporting the work of the Commercial Operations team)
- Drive our sales operations pillar, aiming to guarantee a constant growth of quality supply on our platform. This should happen via the following manners: designing the best strategies, tools & processes for our Sales & Account management teams; designing an optimal seller segmentation, enabling us to segregate between top sellers (whom we should help grow further), high potential sellers (whom we should engage with to make them grow faster), long-tail sellers (whom we should support via self-service), dormant sellers (whom we should reengage with), non-performing sellers (whom we should remove from our platform); putting in place a comprehensive incentive landscape for our top sellers, which includes financial incentives as well as tangible ones. Work closely with Sales and Product & Tech teams
- Build & scale a high-performance team which can support a fast-growing commercial organisation. The team should be focused on efficiencies, outputs & operational excellence
Who are you?
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, or other related field;
- You have a background that combines business and data, which enables you to use your analytical skills to turn data into insights in a scalable and reproducible way;
- Min 7 years relevant experience in a commercial environment
- You have strong analytical skills, enabling you to understand business or processes challenges and translating these into specific analysis needs and performance measurements
- You have excellent communication skills (especially important when discussing data requests and sparring with business owners)
- You have excellent stakeholder management skills: you work equally comfortably with Leadership teams or others; you know how to get teams who do not report to you to work with you
- You love taking ownership and proactively driving partnerships with stakeholders
- You have led a team in the past and can demonstrate sound people management skills & affinities. You take ownership of your team’s output and act as a mentor & support to them
- You are able to identify strategic opportunities and translate these into business strategy, and ultimately into tactical execution
- You are willing to get your hands dirty and deep dive the operational side of things, ensuring you understand the detailed responsibilities of your team and know how to investigate if things go wrong
- You have a structured and methodical way of working while being able to keep a helicopter view
- Accurate and an eye for detail
- You are hungry to work hard and play hard. We are a growing business and a sense of urgency & ability to work in a fast paced environment are key
- You have experience using formulas to build reports in Excel or Google spreadsheets
- Able to turn raw data files into valuable insights or reports.
- You are flexible: Catawiki is a fast growing organization, and changes to our product and workflow are very much part of the game
Here’s what we can offer you:
- A diverse and international team with over 40 different nationalities.
- Trendy offices located in the heart of Amsterdam and Assen with an easy-going atmosphere.
- Our entrepreneurial environment encourages everyone to take initiative and experiment with new ideas. You’ll actively contribute to the growth of the Catawiki platform.
- Tailor-made training to facilitate your personal and professional growth
- The fun part! Our Activity Committee plan everything from ‘CataFooty’ to International Food Festivals, Friday Drinks, Board Game Nights, Pub Quizzes and Boot Camps!
- And there’s more! Paid holidays, holiday allowance and a pension plan paid for by Catawiki.
Catawiki is committed to building a diverse company and diverse teams. That includes everyone, no matter your age, ability, gender, race, religion or sexual orientation. We welcome applications from underserved and underrepresented communities. If you’ve got a story to tell, come and join us.
Working and hiring remotely
When it is safe to do so, Catawiki will be implementing a hybrid work policy where employees based in the Netherlands will work from the office 1-2 times per week and from home for the rest. All of our expert positions are 100% remote based.