Who we are
A piece of the moon, a complete dinosaur skeleton, the Pope's hat, the world's smallest book - at Catawiki, we come across exceptional objects such as these every day. The special object you’ve been searching for, or a new and unexpected interest you never thought you’d have: the more you look, the more you’ll find. And at Catawiki, there’s always more to the story.
Our experts value, authenticate and curate everything from automobiles to vintage stamps, so everything you encounter is real and layered with meaning - waiting to be found.
Our mission is to connect passionate enthusiasts with the objects that tell their stories. As Europe’s fastest growing online auction platform, we help over 10 million people discover new treasures every month. This means we are continually growing and always on the lookout for new talent!
Born and raised in The Netherlands, we started in 2008 and have since grown to over 650 Catawikians, working across 7 international offices, while maintaining our start-up mentality every step of the way. In December 2020 we received a new €150m investment round led by Permira and are excited to be growing out our team and business further across the world.
About the Job
As our Corporate Communications Manager, you will play an important role in the Marketing team where you will be responsible for driving and implementing key Corporate Communications initiatives. Reporting into our Head of Communications, this role involves seamlessly shifting from creating pitches and press releases, to engaging media outlets on company updates to working on high visibility cross-functional marketing campaigns. Ensuring we use data in all of our activities will also be an integral part of your role.
What you’ll do:
- Write news releases, pitch media opportunities and secure top tier coverage for Catawiki across key business, finance and tech media with a focus on France, Italy, Germany and the Benelux. You’ll have support from local PR agencies;
- Build tight relationships key journalists and commentators in top tier publications and channels across our key markets;
- Work with the wider Catawiki teams to develop stories, campaigns, activitations and partnerships;
- Create proactive communications programs to engage and build trust around Catawiki;
- Reactive media issues management;
- Manage our corporate social media channels;
- Develop media statements, FAQs, and other content;
- Report against KPIs and manage tracking.
Who you are:
- 3-7 years of experience in Corporate Communications, ideally from a media, agency or tech background;
- University degree in communications, journalism, or related field;
- Incredibly passionate about our mission and goals;
- Creativity, an innovator and an ability to think big;
- Hard working, hands-on and pressure resistant. Owner mentality and a willingness to roll up your sleeves, dive deep and get the job done in an ambiguous environment;
- Results-driven and understand the importance of reporting against KPIs;
- Professional level of writing and editing skills required;
- Existing relationships with leading journalists is a plus;
- Experience in a marketplace environment is a plus;
- Global or multi-country operating experience is a plus;
- Bilingual in French, Italian, German, Dutch or Spanish is a plus.
Here’s what we can offer you
This is your chance to become part of a fast but sustainable growing tech company! You will have an exciting role in a young, fast-growing, dynamic & international organisation. You'll be part of an enthusiastic, highly motivated team of +30 marketeers; you'll have big responsibilities and can really create something. Together with you, we’ll make sure we act on Champions league level; Better than this, you won’t find it! Additionally you can expect:
- Working with top notch marketers acting on a champions league level in a super complex dynamic environment; you will learn a lot!
- A diverse and international team with over 50 different nationalities.
- A great office located in the heart of Amsterdam with an easy-going atmosphere.
- Our entrepreneurial environment encourages everyone to take initiative and experiment with new ideas. You’ll actively contribute to the growth of the Catawiki platform.
- Tailor-made trainings to facilitate your personal and professional growth
- The fun part! Our Activity Committee plans everything from ‘CataFooty’ to International Food Festivals, Friday Drinks, Board Game Nights, Pub Quizzes and Boot Camps!
- And there’s more! Paid holidays, holiday allowance and a pension plan paid for by Catawiki.
Catawiki is committed to building a diverse company and diverse teams. That includes everyone, no matter your age, ability, gender, race, religion or sexual orientation. We welcome applications from underserved and underrepresented communities. If you’ve got a story to tell, come and join us.
Working and hiring remotely
When it is safe to do so, Catawiki will be implementing a hybrid work policy where employees based in the Netherlands will work from the office 1-2 times per week and from home for the rest. All of our expert positions are 100% remote based.