Who we are
A piece of the moon, a complete dinosaur skeleton, the Pope's hat, the world's smallest book - at Catawiki, we come across exceptional objects such as these every day. The special object you’ve been searching for, or a new and unexpected interest you never thought you’d have: the more you look, the more you’ll find. And at Catawiki, there’s always more to the story.
Our experts value, authenticate and curate everything from automobiles to vintage stamps, so everything you encounter is real and layered with meaning - waiting to be found.
Our mission is to connect passionate enthusiasts with the objects that tell their stories. As Europe’s fastest growing online auction platform, we help over 10 million people discover new treasures every month. This means we are continually growing and always on the lookout for new talent!
Born and raised in The Netherlands, we started in 2008 and have since grown to over 650 Catawikians, working across 7 international offices, while maintaining our start-up mentality every step of the way. In December 2020 we received a new €150m investment round led by Permira and are excited to be growing out our team and business further across the world.
This role is based in our Netherlands (Amsterdam) HQ but we could also consider remote employees in Germany or France. We we would consider both freelance and permanent options.
What you will do
The recruiting team at Catawiki has an amazing and important responsibility; To find and hire amazing people that will help take Catawiki to the next level.
As a Sourcer in our Recruitment Team, you will help us find and attract great people for our key Expert, Sales, Marketing, Finance, Legal and other HQ roles. You will find, target and creatively approach the best profiles, making Catawiki stand-out from the crowd. Next to this, you’ll also be responsible for helping to further develop Catawiki’s employer brand, working creatively with the rest of the (awesome!) recruitment team on a mixture of short and long term projects aimed at increasing the quality of hire.
You will build pipelines of qualified candidates from a variety of sources that match both the needs of today and tomorrow as our Business scales to double the size over the coming years. You will partner with hiring managers and recruiters to understand hiring needs and develop strategies for engaging passive talent all across the world. In doing so, you’ll become a crucial member of Catawiki’s growing Recruitment Team and wider People Team.
Who you are
In addition to having experience of successfully sourcing hard to find candidates in a fast paced working environment, it’s likely you’ll be excited about working in an international scale-up environment. Furthermore, you will:
- Have 3+ years of experience in sourcing talent with the ability to effectively screen and assess candidates beyond keywords.
- Be a champion sourcer; Outside of Linkedin, you know the best ways to search for, find and engage with diverse talent (worldwide!). X-ray searching and building boolean strings come as second nature to you.
- You are curious and active in online communities and social networks and are quickly able to discover where the best talent is hiding, what projects they like to work on and best to approach them.
- Form strong relationships quickly with recruiters and hiring managers.
- Be passionate about ensuring that each candidate who engages with the Catawiki recruiting team has a unique and positive experience.
- Have excellent communication skills and be creative in your approach to outreaches.
Here’s what we can offer you
- A diverse and international team with over 50 different nationalities.
- Our entrepreneurial environment encourages everyone to take initiative and experiment with new ideas. You’ll actively contribute to the growth of the Catawiki platform.
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth.
- The fun part! Our Activity Committee plan everything from ‘CataFooty’ to International Food Festivals, Friday Drinks, Board Game Nights, Pub Quizzes and Boot Camps!
- And there’s more! Paid holidays, holiday allowance, Headspace membership, a bike plan and a pension plan paid for by Catawiki.
- After 12 months of service we offer every Catawikian 100 Stock Options.
Catawiki is committed to building a diverse company and diverse teams. That includes everyone, no matter your age, ability, gender, race, religion or sexual orientation. We welcome applications from underserved and underrepresented communities. If you’ve got a story to tell, come and join us.
Working and hiring remotely
When it is safe to do so, Catawiki will be implementing a hybrid work policy where employees based in the Netherlands will work from the office 1-2 times per week and from home for the rest. All of our expert positions are 100% remote based.