Who we are
A piece of the moon, a complete dinosaur skeleton, the Pope's hat, the world's smallest book - at Catawiki, we come across exceptional objects such as these every day. The special object you’ve been searching for, or a new and unexpected interest you never thought you’d have: the more you look, the more you’ll find. And at Catawiki, there’s always more to the story.
Our experts value, authenticate and curate everything from automobiles to vintage stamps, so everything you encounter is real and layered with meaning - waiting to be found.
Our mission is to connect passionate enthusiasts with the objects that tell their stories. As Europe’s fastest growing online auction platform, we help over 10 million people discover new treasures every month. This means we are continually growing and always on the lookout for new talent!
Born and raised in The Netherlands, we started in 2008 and have since grown to over 650 Catawikians, working across 7 international offices, while maintaining our start-up mentality every step of the way. In December 2020 we received a new €150m investment round led by Permira and are excited to be growing out our team and business further across the world.
What you will do
As our Employer Branding Specialist, your main challenge will be to position Catawiki as a great place to work as we aim to double in size over the next couple of years. At Catawiki we have an amazing story to tell, and now it’s time to tell it. You’ll work closely with the Recruitment, Marketing & Comms Teams to put in place and execute Catawiki’s employer branding strategy, helping us to attract, engage and hire the right people who match and add to our culture. You’ll be given the appropriate resources to bring Catawiki’s employer brand to the next level, and next to some exciting projects like the careers site rebuild, your other key responsibilities will include:
- Work with the Recruitment, Marketing & Comms Teams to refine Catawiki’s EVP
- Help create awareness about Catawiki’s EVP by creating and sharing relevant content across our different careers channels (Linkedin, Careers Website, Twitter, Youtube etc)
- Create Catawiki’s employer branding content calendar and schedule
- Create engaging content across different mediums (Photo, Video, Podcast, Blogpost etc) and experiment with different ideas, using data to see what works best.
- Develop internal engagement activities to help all Catawikians become brand ambassadors.
- Rebuild and maintain the Catawiki “Jobs Website” to bring it more in line with the company and culture we represent today.
Who you are
In addition to being a data driven and creative marketer with experience in building out a strong and attractive employer brand, it’s likely you’ll also have:
- 3-5 years Marketing experience in fast paced environments combined with demonstrable experience in building out an attractive Employer Brand for a fast growing business
- Experience setting up inspiring and effective digital marketing campaigns
- Experience with creating engaging employer content across different channels
- A data driven mindset
- A strong understanding of the recruitment world including how the startup / scale-up ecosystem in the Netherlands and Europe works
- Experience with project and budget management
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Experience in corporate communications
Here’s what we can offer you
- A diverse and international team with over 50 different nationalities.
- Our entrepreneurial environment encourages everyone to take initiative and experiment with new ideas. You’ll actively contribute to the growth of the Catawiki platform.
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth.
- The fun part! Our Activity Committee plan everything from ‘CataFooty’ to International Food Festivals, Friday Drinks, Board Game Nights, Pub Quizzes and Boot Camps!
- And there’s more! Paid holidays, holiday allowance, Headspace membership, a bike plan and a pension plan paid for by Catawiki.
- After 12 months of service we offer every Catawikian 100 Stock Options.
Catawiki is committed to building a diverse company and diverse teams. That includes everyone, no matter your age, ability, gender, race, religion or sexual orientation. We welcome applications from underserved and underrepresented communities. If you’ve got a story to tell, come and join us.
Working and hiring remotely
When it is safe to do so, Catawiki will be implementing a hybrid work policy where employees based in the Netherlands will work from the office 1-2 times per week and from home for the rest. All of our expert positions are 100% remote based.