Who we are
A piece of the moon, a complete dinosaur skeleton, the Pope's hat, the world's smallest book - at Catawiki, we come across exceptional objects such as these every day. The special object you’ve been searching for, or a new and unexpected interest you never thought you’d have: the more you look, the more you’ll find. And at Catawiki, there’s always more to the story.
Our experts value, authenticate and curate everything from automobiles to vintage stamps, so everything you encounter is real and layered with meaning - waiting to be found.
Our mission is to connect passionate enthusiasts with the objects that tell their stories. As Europe’s fastest growing online auction platform, we help over 10 million people discover new treasures every month. This means we are continually growing and always on the lookout for new talent!
Born and raised in The Netherlands, we started in 2008 and have since grown to over 650 Catawikians, working across 7 international offices, while maintaining our start-up mentality every step of the way. In December 2020 we received a new €150m investment round led by Permira and are excited to be growing out our team and business further across the world.
What you will do
As we’re rapidly expanding, we’re looking for an experienced Senior Product Manager (Supply) to strengthen our team of high performing Product Managers, Engineers and Designers and help us to scale our business further.
Our Supply Vertical mainly caters to the needs of our Sellers, but it’s also responsible for empowering our commercial organisation, specifically our 200+ Experts that curate the incoming lots. They are a core part of our value proposition and contribute heavily to the experience that we provide our sellers.
As Sr. PM Supply at Catawiki, you will work with a multidisciplinary team within our Supply Vertical to:
- Relentlessly focus on what’s best for our customers and our business.
- Understand and identify customer behaviours and needs through research and analysis, working closely with UX Design.
- Analyse, understand and share lessons from experimentation to build a strong knowledge base of the product.
- Contribute to the overall Product Vision and Strategy for your area.
- Take full ownership of the product, the roadmap and prioritisation of new features and enhancements to existing features.
- Execute on that roadmap with clear expected outcomes and meticulous measurement.
- Empower your team and cross-collaborate with other teams across the company to unlock their full potential.
- Manage and work closely with your stakeholders: the commercial teams and the experts, to get the best ideas in and subsequently get everyone aligned for fast implementation.
Who you are
In addition to your demonstrable experience as a Product Manager in a fast-growing online company, you also have:
- A strong belief in customer-centric product development.
- A data-driven approach; you base your decisions on facts rather than opinions.
- Familiarity with A/B experimentation; you’re aware that valuable information comes from both positive and negative results through experimentation.
- An interest and curiosity in the world of (online) auctions.
- Affinity with/understanding of machine learning to power automation.
- An intrinsic motivation to drive operational efficiency and overcoming resistance to change.
- Energy, a commercial focus, and a sense of urgency to everything you touch; you’re a self-motivated and results-driven person who is not afraid to get their hands dirty to solve a problem.
- Natural collaboration and communication skills, fluent in English, and good at posing probing questions to quickly and fully understand what someone's talking about.
- An agile and innovative mindset with the tenacity to thrive in a constantly changing environment, plus the ability to deal with complexity and ambiguous situations.
- An eagerness to learn; You seek continuous feedback and input.
- 5+ years experience as a Product Manager in a fast-growing (and ideally e-commerce focused) company.
Here’s what we can offer you
This is your chance to become part of a fast but sustainable growing tech company! You will have an exciting role in a young, fast-growing, dynamic & international organisation. You'll be part of an enthusiastic, highly motivated team of 600+ international Catawikians; you'll have big responsibilities and can really create something. Additionally you can expect:
- Working with a top notch team acting on a champions league level in a super complex dynamic environment; you will learn a lot!
- A diverse and international team with over 50 different nationalities.
- A great office located in the heart of Amsterdam with an easy-going atmosphere.
- Our entrepreneurial environment encourages everyone to take initiative and experiment with new ideas. You’ll actively contribute to the growth of the Catawiki platform.
- Tailor-made trainings to facilitate your personal and professional growth
- The fun part! Our Activity Committee plans everything from ‘CataFooty’ to International Food Festivals, Friday Drinks, Board Game Nights, Pub Quizzes and Boot Camps!
- Stock Options: All Catawikians are granted 100 Stock Options after 12 months of service.
And there’s more! Paid holidays, holiday allowance and a fantastic pension plan paid for by Catawiki.
Catawiki is committed to building a diverse company and diverse teams. That includes everyone, no matter your age, ability, gender, race, religion or sexual orientation. We welcome applications from underserved and underrepresented communities. If you’ve got a story to tell, come and join us.
Working and hiring remotely
When it is safe to do so, Catawiki will be implementing a hybrid work policy where employees based in the Netherlands will work from the office 1-2 times per week and from home for the rest. All of our expert positions are 100% remote based.