A very rare military dispatch from the front that narrates the chronicles of war in the Piave valley, it mentions the capture of Trento on June 19, 1918.
The war bulletin mentions the famous battle that took place on June 15-19 on the Piave for the occupation of the Montello hill, a battle in which one of the most important aviators in history, Francesco Baracca, died, shot down while in command of his plane by an Austro-Hungarian aircraft.
General Diaz's note records the capture of numerous prisoners, 120 officers and 4500 soldiers between British and French troops, as well as the shooting down of 44 enemy aircraft.
The bulletin is compiled in the name of General A. Diaz and, as usual, on recycled paper from a military telegram registry.
- Número de libros
- Historia de conflictos bélicos, Militaria
- Autor/ Ilustrador
- Armando Diaz (transcription from)
- Título del libro
- Military Manuscript; World War I Bulletin News from the Front, death of Francesco Baracca
- Año de publicación artículo más antiguo
- Primera edición
- Lengua original
- Comando Militare Italiano al Fronte
- Página única
- Número de páginas
- 20×14.5 cm