approx. 800 - 1200 AD Byzantine hollow ceramic vessel with the barrel-shaped body; domed top and conical base, short neck with narrow slot. Intended to be filled with explosive liquid and used as a hand grenade.
Complete, excellent condition and almost 100% intact, fantastic and impressive war relic.
Perfectly shaped. An addition for every collection.
*** The charm of memories in the objects of a past time. ***
Bought In 2020 at an Antiquities dealer A.S. in England. Company details are known to Catawiki. Documentation is located at dealer. Former pre 2000 UK collection.
- the seller guarantees that he is entitled to send this lot and the item have legally come into my possession.
- the seller will ensure that the necessary permits are arranged.
- the seller will inform the buyer if this takes more than a few days.
- items that originate from robbery, grave robbery or other illegal activities will not be offered.
- items will be sent within 48 hours after payment.
- Número de objetos
- Granada de mano o bomba de fuego bizantina "Greek Fire", 800-1200 d.C., excelente estado.
- 120×90×90 mm
- Siglo / marco temporal
- 800 - 1200 AD.
- En buen estado