Gorgeous hand-knotted Turkish Hereke Silk rug, silk on silk, vegetable dyes, 800,000 to 900,000 knots/m², very clean no need cleaning, it has been hanged on a wall for years, collector's item. please look at the pictures.
• Collector's item.
• Item number: 2854
• exported from Turkey before jan. 2015
• Knot density is 800,000 to 900,000 knots/m²
• Country of Origin: Turkey
• Size: approx 108 cm X 69 cm (excluding fringes)
• Pile: 100% Silk
• Chain: Silk
• Condition: very good condition
• Quality: Very high quality super fine
• Processing: Guaranteed Handmade
With certificate of authenticity
The most famous pure silk carpets in the world are produced in the small town of Hereke, east of Istanbul. Due to the unbelievably thin nature of the silk fiber being used, weavers tie exceptionally high number of knots, thus creating more detailed, magnificent carpets. It is also not uncommon for metallic threads to be woven into the pile which only can be done by expert weavers. The sheer beauty and unbelievably strong raw material of these rugs, enables them to be used both on the floor or as a wall hanging. Hereke rugs are to last generations and is not only a rug but truly a work of art.
- 108 cm
- 69 cm
- Seda sobre seda
- País de origen
- Período de fabricación
- Finales del siglo XX
- En muy buenas condiciones
- Alfombra limpiada profesionalmente