Type of jewel: Antique Victorian marquise ruby and pearl engagement ring
Condition: very good
Style: Antique Victorian
Style characteristics: The Late or Aesthetic Victorian Period - Experts divide the reign of Queen Victoria, also called The Victorian era (1837-1901) into three periods of about twenty years each; The Romantic Victorian Period (1837 - 1860), The Grand Victorian Period (1860 - 1880), and the Late or Aesthetic Victorian Period (1880 - 1901).
We consider this to be of The Late or Aesthetic Victorian Period.
Jewelry of this period is changing back from heavy to more smaller, romantic pieces with often whimsical motifs. Jewelers using diamonds and bright gemstones in elaborated and fine feminine pieces.
Era: ca. 1900
Material: 18K red gold (touchstone tested)
Precious stone(s): Five natural rubies with an estimated weight of ± 0.18ct.
18 natural half seed pearls
It is a very common practice to treat gemstones to intensify their clarity or colour. The item in question has not been tested in this regard.
The weight of stones are approximate since the stones were not removed from their mounts, this to preserve the integrity of the setting.
Birth and month stones: Ruby is the birthstone (or month stone) for July and pearl for June.
Hallmarks: No trace.
Dimensions: Length top of ring: ± 2,08 cm (0,82 inch) - See picture with a ruler in cm and inches
Weight: 2,60 gram (1,67 dwt)
Ring size: EU-55 & 17½, USA-7¼, UK-O Free resizing*
*) Resizing: *Only for extreme changes we will charge something.
In case of resizing, use the Catawiki message system to contact us directly with the required ring size when you pay this ring. When we receive your message after we shipped your ring the free resizing offer is expired.
Adin reference Nº: 21075-0036
- The jewelry on our pictures is NOT Photoshopped.
- Comes with professional report of authenticity.
- Shipping insured and registered (or pick it up).
- Outside EU import duties etc. may apply.
- Check our feedback here to see how happy our customers are.
- See more of our products, visit: https://auction.catawiki.com/lotsfrom/Adin
- Materiaalin hienous
- 18 kt.
- EU-55 & 17½, USA-7¼, UK-O Free resizing*
- 2.6 g
- Erittäin hyvässä kunnossa - hieman käytetty, vähäisiä käytön merkkejä
- Pääkiven paino karaateissa
- Ympäröivät kivet
- Antiikkiviktoriaaninen, Anno 1900, ilmainen koon muuttaminen * EI VARAUSHINTA, Helmet