1. Title: Q. Horatius Flaccus, ex fide, atque auctoritate decem librorum manu scriptorum, opera Dionys. Lambini Monstroliensis emendatus: ab eodemque commentarijs copiosissimis illustratus, nunc primùm in lucem editus
2. Title: Q. Horatii Flacci Sermonum libri quattuor, seu, Satyrarum libri duo. Epistolarum libri duo. A Dionysio Lambino Monstroliensi ex fide librorum manu scriptorum emendati, ab eodemque commentarijs copiosissimis illustrati
Author: Horatius Flaccus / (Denis Lambin)-
Publisher: Apud Georgium de Caballis, Venetiis.
Pages: 992 (total vol. 1 + vol. 2).
Binding: half leather; 2 volumes bound in one book.
Dimensions: 19.2 x 13.2 cm.
Conformity: the work is complete and conforms to the digitised edition of the Biblioteca Nazionale Centrale - Roma (RM0267).
Special features: binding error where pages 209 to 485 of the first volume belong to and are in continuity with the second volume while pages 209 to 450 of the second volume belong to and are in continuity with the first volume. The table of contents of both volumes can be found at the end of the book. The last two photos are of pages 208 and 209 of the two volumes, where the continuity of the text as described can be verified.
Condition: in good condition with slight stains in some pages, most noticeable at the bottom of pages 50 to 64 of the first volume and at the end of the second volume (as shown in photos).
Rare coeval work by renowned French philologist Denis Lambin (c. 1520-1572), of works by Horace (65 BC - 8 BC).
Denis Lambini as ‘magnus Horatii sospitator’ is recognised among the greatest scholars of classical literature in the 16th century. He was called to Paris in 1550 to take up the Latin chair at the Collège de France.
In the first volume, the work comments on and collects Odes and Epodes; in the second volume, the Satires and Epistles, with the epistle to the Pisos (Ars poetica) published at the end.
the work is dedicated to the King of France, Charles IX, as the first 1561 edition printed in Lyons.
- Kirjojen lukumäärä
- Kirjailija/ Kuvittaja
- Horatius Flaccus / (Denis Lambin)
- Kirjan nimi
- Dionysii Lambini Commentarii Copiosissimi
- Vanhimman kohteen julkaisuvuosi
- Alkuperäinen kieli
- Georgium de Caballis
- Muu - katso kuvaus
- 19.2×13.2 cm