1. Nooit meer slapen - Amsterdam - De Bezige Bij - (febr.) 1966 - 1st edition - LRP 173 - paperback 20 × 12.5 cm - 249 pp - name on endpaper, the back cover lacks a small piece of red at the edge, otherwise a fine copy.
The real 1st edition with the famous misprint on p. 220: “haudt” instead of “houdt”.
2. Nooit meer slapen. Jigsaw puzzle - De Bezige Bij - n.d. - 9 × 13 = 117 pieces, 20 × 27.5 cm - never used, still in cellophane - fine
The puzzle was made after a photo by W.F. Hermans. The year of publication is unknown to me. The first edition to have this photo as a cover was the sixth edition from 1969. This cover was used until the 14th edition from Oct./Nov. 1977 (J.M.A. Buiskool Toxopeus et al., Van pulp tot pléiade; 2021)
Last 1 September it was 100 years ago that W.F. Hermans was born in Amsterdam. His 100th birthday did not pass unnoticed. A memorial stone was placed in the Nieuwe Kerk in Amsterdam, two books were published on his life and work (Jan Wim Derks and René Hesselink (eds.): ‘Hermans Honderd’ and a complete photo bibliography of his work, ‘Van pulp tot pléiade’, compiled by J.M.A. Buiskool Toxopeus, J.W. Derks, J. Tiggelaar and J. Glerum), and in the Museum Meermanno in The Hague the exhibition “W.F. Hermans in vorm” was opened.
Well-deserved attention and appreciation for one of the greatest Dutch writers of the 20th century.
- Nombre de livres
- Auteur/ Illustrateur
- Willem Frederik Hermans
- Titre du livre
- Nooit meer slapen [De echte 1e druk en de legpuzzel]
- Bon état
- Année de publication de l’ouvrage le plus ancien
- Année de publication de l’ouvrage le plus récent
- 1ère édition
- Langue originale
- De Bezige Bij
- Nombre de pages
- 20×12 cm