At Catawiki we want to ensure that the items in our auctions reflect the unique, harder to find objects of value that bidders are looking for.
This is why we have set per category a minimum estimated value a lot should achieve in auction in order to be admitted.
During lot evaluation our in-house Experts carefully review and select admittable items, considering various aspects and product characteristics that determine the quality and influence the value an item is expected to sell for in our auctions
Bidders on Catawiki look for scarce and interesting books, maps or manuscripts that are hard to find.
For our auctions, we seek and select books, manuscripts and exhibition catalogues of any age that are:
- scarce, with limited availability in bookshops or online book retailers (with platforms like vialibri.net as reference)
- of interest to collectors because they include one or more of the following:
- quality illustrations or engravings
- limited or numbered editions
- 1st editions in their original language
- sought after authors
- signed by the author or illustrator
- about a subject particularly in demand
- in at least good condition
- estimated to have a minimum value of €75 to ensure the overall attractiveness of the auctions
If you need any extra guidance regarding our acceptance criteria, please find the submission guidelines attached below.