At Catawiki we want to ensure that the items in our auctions reflect the unique, harder to find objects of value that bidders are looking for.
This is why we have set per category a minimum estimated value a lot should achieve in auction in order to be admitted.
During lot evaluation our in-house Experts carefully review and select admittable items, considering various aspects and product characteristics that determine the quality and influence the value an item is expected to sell for in our auctions.
At Catawiki we auction scale models of premium quality which are hard to find and appealing to passionate model car enthusiasts and collectors.
For our auctions, we seek and select model cars that are:
- diecast, resin or white model cars only
- usually found on specialist model retailer websites or in specialist model shops or private collections
- in scales from 1/50 to 1/2 for regular auctions 1/87 to 1/18 for our collection auction
- made for the discerning collector (meaning no clockwork or battery operated toys, these models are better suited to our Tin Toy auction)
- from a list of selected reputable & desirable makers
- in at least very good condition and preferably come with original packaging
- broken/damaged parts need to be fixed first in order to be suitable for auction
- worth a minimum lot value of €40 for regular auctions and €50 for our collection auction
If you need any extra guidance regarding our acceptance criteria, please find the submission guidelines attached below.