Shipping & Pick up
I sold a car to a buyer in another country. What are my next steps?

There is no EU-wide law about car import and export, so we recommend checking with the relevant local government department before shipping the car.

However, as a general rule, you'll need to cancel the registration in your country and return the licence plates. You'll also need to issue a proof of ownership transfer with your invoice (if you are a professional seller) or sale contract (if you are a private seller). The buyer will need to cover paperwork costs, unless you've agreed otherwise.

Contact us