At Catawiki we want to ensure that the items in our auctions reflect the unique, harder to find objects of value that bidders are looking for.
This is why we have set per category a minimum estimated value a lot should achieve in auction in order to be admitted.
During lot evaluation our in-house Experts carefully review and select admittable items, considering various aspects and product characteristics that determine the quality and influence the value an item is expected to sell for in our auctions.
At Catawiki we auction diamonds gathered from all corners of the world.
For our auctions we seek and select:
- cut diamonds as well as rough diamonds that are of quality, in all colour ranges except opaque
- in the case of rough diamonds, diamonds that are always accompanied by a gemmological certificate, of valuable appearance and suitable for jewellery mounting
- diamonds of all clarities, except diamonds with inclusions causing opaqueness (for other exceptions see the Clarity Table), of decent condition and that have a sufficient quality in cut and clarity to be mounted in jewellery
- diamonds that are accompanied by a trusted gemmological certificate
- lots that have a minimum estimated value of €150
If you need any extra guidance regarding our acceptance criteria, please find the submission guidelines attached below.