The word photography is of greek origin, which roughly means "drawing with light". And this historical process called the ambrotype is best suited to this original meaning. Because the image is created directly in the camera, it is mirrored and veiled with an aura of the 19th century. An edition sometimes has several copies, but each ambrotype is unique, only the motif is the same.
An original ambrotype on black acrylic glass, 9x12cm image size, 4x5" plate size. In order for the ambrotype to come better into effect, it should be illuminated with the picture lighting.
Photographic works by Valerius Geng in collections at:
1. Leipzig City History Museum, Lepzig (Germany)
2. State collection on the history of photography in Rhineland-Palatinate, Koblenz (Germany)
3. German Museum, Munich (Germany)
4. Musée Adrien Mentienne, Bry-sur-Marne (France)
5. German Photo Museum, Markkleeberg (Germany)
- Geng Valerius
- Titolo dell'opera
- Spring with Corona
- Firmato a mano
- Buone condizioni
- Dimensioni totali
- 18×232×292 mm
- 600 g