1. The poetical workd of Henry Wadsworth Longfellow. A new complete edition including the song of Hiawatha with illustrations by John Gilbert - London, George Routledge, 1857 - (VIII) 581 pp - blue blind-stamped cloth binding with gilt print, gilt edges - 17 × 10 cm
Fairly good. Light scuffs, left joint approx. 1 cm torn at the top, two small tears of approx. 0.5 cm at the bottom of the spine. Name and year written on 1st endpaper and 4 handwritten lines on 2nd endpaper. Protective paper covering engravings loose, as issued. Inner hinges partly open - bookblock still attached to binding. Inner margins open in some places, some quires slightly loose. Interior discoloured, some scattered spots.
2. [May Clarissa Gillington Byron] - A day with the poet Longfellow - London, Hodder & Stoughton, [n.d. 1909] - 47 pp + 6 full-page colour illustrations - hardcover with cloth spine and illustration on front cover - 21 × 15 cm
Good. Binding discoloured along edges. Interior discoloured with foxing, mainly along the edges of pp
3. The Poetical Works of Percy Bysshe Shelley. Reprinted from the Early Editions. With Memoir, Explanatory Notes, &c. - London. Griffith, Farran, Okeden & Welsh. N.d. (c. 1890) - (XV) 613 pp - red leather binding - 19 × 12.5 cm
Fair. Wear along edges and spine, minor loss of leather at head of spine. Left joint about 5 cm torn, right joint approx. 1 cm torn at the top, horizontal tear below the word “Works”. Front inner hinge partly open - bookblock attached to binding, handwritten lines on recto of the portrait. Quire 199-202 loose, 3 tears of approx. 1 cm in the inner margin of this quire. Interior discoloured, occasional spot. Foxing on the the first and last 8 pp.
All books contain some images / engravings
Will be sent by registered mail.
- Numero di Libri
- Letteratura, Poesia
- Autore/ Illustratore
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow/ Percy Byssche Shelley
- Titolo del Libro
- The poetical works + A day with the poet Longfellow
- Anno di pubblicazione dell’oggetto più vecchio
- Edizioni / Libri multipli
- Lingua originale
- george Routledge
- Mix / multiplo
- Numero di pagine
- 21×15 cm