Who we are
A piece of the moon, a complete dinosaur skeleton, the Pope's hat, the world's smallest book - at Catawiki, we come across extraordinary objects such as these every day.
As Europe’s fastest growing online auction platform, our mission is to make special objects available to everyone. In fact, 14 million users are buying and selling on Catawiki every month. This means we are continually growing and always on the lookout for new talent!
Born and raised in The Netherlands, we started in 2008 as a platform where collectors could manage their collections online. Yet, times change, ideas evolve, and in 2011 we hosted our first online auction and we haven’t looked back since! We’ve now grown to 500 Catawikians working across 7 international offices and are proud to have maintained our start-up mentality.
What you will do
Catawiki’s organisation is built upon 4 Superclusters; Collectables, Art & Antiques, Luxury and Mobility. For our ‘Collectables’ cluster we’re looking for a someone leading the Collectibles Marketing strategy, acting as the link between the business and the marketing team.
This role has a tremendous impact on the direction and future growth of the cluster. We are looking for the next marketing rock star who will be at the heart of accelerating sustainable growth.
Reporting to the Head of marketing and with close ties to the General manager of the cluster, the Experts and channel Marketeers, your goal will be to achieve sustainable growth by driving new and repeat buyers through smart and scalable marketing programs & campaigns. In this role you are responsible for building and executing the demand and supply plan for this category while controlling spend levels and ROI of your efforts. You will be based in Amsterdam.
Here are some examples of what you will be working on:
- Building demand plans that drive the required volume of new and repeat buyers as well as supply.
- Driving programs and campaigns to achieve the categories’ business goals for growth (Owning our ‘being part of the community strategy’)
- Working along with channel leads to oversee the budget and ROI to achieve category objectives.
- Monitoring of category performance both post acquisition and across acquisition channels.
- Proactively driving the Marketing (demand and supply side) agenda on a strategic level in the Super Cluster Management Team.
Who are you
- You are passionate about collecting and the collectors community, and have around 7 years of demonstrable experience in a similar generalist marketing role, preferable in an international matrix organisation. (The number of years experience isn't as important as attitude and mindset!)
- It's likely that you're a strategic thinker and understand both business and marketing (Performance, CRM, Brand & Trade marketing) channels.
- You have an analytical mindset to make data driven decisions and soft skills to influence stakeholders to get things done.
- You are a critical thinker, always trying to understand the ‘why, yet creative enough to come up with the ‘how’
- You are hands-on, able and willing to execute yourself as well as having an entrepreneurial mindset.
- You are a real team-player and get energy from working in a scale-up environment.
Here’s what we can offer you
- Working with top notch marketers acting on a champions league level in a super complex dynamic environment; you will learn a lot!
- Being part of the Collectables MT, owning the marketing strategy and being the driver of the international success of the Collectables category
- A diverse and international team with over 40 different nationalities.
- A great office located in the heart of Amsterdam with an easy-going atmosphere.
- Our entrepreneurial environment encourages everyone to take initiative and experiment with new ideas. You’ll actively contribute to the growth of the Catawiki platform.
- Tailor-made trainings to facilitate your personal and professional growth
- The fun part! Our Activity Committee plan everything from ‘CataFooty’ to International Food Festivals, Friday Drinks, Board Game Nights, Pub Quizzes and Boot Camps!
- And there’s more! Paid holidays, holiday allowance and a pension plan paid for by Catawiki.