Who we are
A piece of the moon, a complete dinosaur skeleton, the Pope's hat, the world's smallest book - at Catawiki, we come across extraordinary objects such as these every day.
The special object you’ve been searching for, or a new and unexpected interest you never thought you’d have: the more you look, the more you’ll find. And at Catawiki, there’s always more to the story. Our experts value, authenticate and curate everything from automobiles to vintage stamps, so everything you encounter is real and layered with meaning - waiting to be found.
Our mission is to connect passionate enthusiasts with the objects that tell their stories. As Europe’s fastest growing online auction platform, we help over 14 million users discover new treasures every month. This means we are continually growing and always on the lookout for new talent!
Born and raised in The Netherlands, we started in 2008 and have since grown to almost 500 Catawikians, working across 7 international offices, while maintaining our start-up mentality every step of the way.
How you'll make an impact
We are looking for a passionate and talented Senior UX Designer to join our growing UX team. In this position, you will work on delighting our users and making the experience as unique and memorable as the objects themselves. As part of a multidisciplinary team, you’ll conceptualize, design and research in order to improve the experience of our millions of users. You will work together with the other UX Designers, Product Owners, Developers, and Data Scientists, where you’ll connect user, business and technology. You are passionate about solving for user needs and you’ll continuously inspire the people around you with exciting ideas and proven solutions. You will work collaboratively to:
- Identify user needs and align these needs with business goals, by transforming them into high-impact design.
- Initiate and respond to ideas for innovation and improvements based on user research, analysis and competitive reviews.
- Create design deliverables such as user journeys and service blueprints, interaction models, design system elements and prototypes that demonstrate desired outcomes.
- Liaise with multiple stakeholders, incorporating feedback early and often and appropriately with a user centered focus.
- Work closely with the UX team to review designs, provide feedback and contribute to a consistent and coherent ecosystem.
- Facilitate and/or participate in concept workshops, topic presentations, design sprints and other creative sessions.
What you'll bring
- A strong conceptual thinker, passionate about always putting user needs first.
- 3-7 years of relevant working experience
- An outstanding portfolio demonstrating a variety of high-quality work
- A Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in product design, industrial design, interaction design, or equivalent discipline with problem-solving skills
- Solid understanding of the user-centered design process and research method
- Fluent in design tools (e.g. Sketch), bonus points for fluency in prototyping tools
- Familiarity with scrum/agile and lean UX is a plus.
Interested? Come and meet The Hulk
A life-size statue of The Hulk is just one of the unique objects you’ll find in our brand-new ‘Rivierenstaete’ office. Apply directly with an English CV and cover letter with a link to your portfolio.
Amsterdam or Assen