Who we are
A piece of the moon, a complete dinosaur skeleton, the Pope's hat, the world's smallest book - at Catawiki, we come across extraordinary objects such as these every day. The special object you’ve been searching for, or a new and unexpected interest you never thought you’d have: the more you look, the more you’ll find. And at Catawiki, there’s always more to the story. Our experts value, authenticate and curate everything from automobiles to vintage stamps, so everything you encounter is real and layered with meaning - waiting to be found.
Our mission is to connect passionate enthusiasts with the objects that tell their stories. As Europe’s fastest growing online auction platform, we help over 14 million users discover new treasures every month. This means we are continually growing and always on the lookout for new talent! Born and raised in The Netherlands, we started in 2008 and have since grown to almost 500 Catawikians, working across 7 international offices, while maintaining our start-up mentality every step of the way.
What you will do
As our PR marketing lead, you will own the PR channel and work towards building our corporate reputation while delivering brand & categories communication. This role involves seamlessly shifting from managing PR activations to engaging media and influencers, while working with our PR agency to deliver PR plans that support our business objectives. Your key tasks will be:
- Develop global strategic PR plans supporting primary business goals with clear tactical timelines and KPIs.
- Develop and deploy plans for PR activities in key markets - be creative to drive news-based and proactive company coverage.
- Define and update the PR calendar, coordinating with Brand and Category marketing teams.
- Engage with media and influencers.
- Coordinate our PR agency and internal creative team (copywriters, designers and translation team) for the drafting and design of different types of PR content (media announcements, speeches, photo galleries, infographics, press alerts...).
- Liaise with Category Marketing and Catawiki in-house experts to ensure that PR briefs are completed in a correct and timely manner.
- Distribute press release to contacts provided by in-house experts and follow up on requests coming from journalists.
- Be responsible for the press clip archive and PR asset library.
- Be responsible for defining and maintaining the PR page on Catawiki site.
- Collect journalist requests received through our website (firstname.lastname@example.org) and coordinate with PR agencies.
- Prepare monthly reports and analysis on the results in collaboration with the PR agencies - share key press placements, trends and learnings with internal stakeholders
Who are you
You have outstanding communication skills (both written and verbal) and are dynamic, hardworking, curious and highly organized. We’re looking for someone with a strong drive and ownership who is solutions oriented, innovative and willing to explore and bring new ideas;
- ~6+ years experience in PR, agency experience preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience working with all types of influencers, including media, bloggers, social influencers, advocates
- Ability to develop strategic, creative and metrics-driven plans
- Experience with issues management highly desired
- Proven experience running successful campaigns from concept to coverage
- Strong understanding of how to shape stories that will resonate and result in coverage with varying audiences
- Proactive go-getter who sees what needs to be done and does it
- Organized and goal-oriented
Here’s what we can offer you
- Working with top notch marketers acting on a champions league level in a super complex dynamic environment; you will learn a lot!
- A diverse and international team with over 40 different nationalities.
- A great office located in the heart of Amsterdam with an easy-going atmosphere.
- Our entrepreneurial environment encourages everyone to take initiative and experiment with new ideas. You’ll actively contribute to the growth of the Catawiki platform.
- Tailor-made trainings to facilitate your personal and professional growth
- The fun part! Our Activity Committee plan everything from ‘CataFooty’ to International Food Festivals, Friday Drinks, Board Game Nights, Pub Quizzes and Boot Camps!
- And there’s more! Paid holidays, holiday allowance and a pension plan paid for by Catawiki.