Who we are
A piece of the moon, a complete dinosaur skeleton, the Pope's hat, the world's smallest book - at Catawiki, we come across extraordinary objects such as these every day. The special object you’ve been searching for, or a new and unexpected interest you never thought you’d have: the more you look, the more you’ll find. And at Catawiki, there’s always more to the story. Our experts value, authenticate and curate everything from automobiles to vintage stamps, so everything you encounter is real and layered with meaning - waiting to be found.
Our mission is to connect passionate enthusiasts with the objects that tell their stories. As Europe’s fastest growing online auction platform, we help over 14 million users discover new treasures every month. This means we are continually growing and always on the lookout for new talent! Born and raised in The Netherlands, we started in 2008 and have since grown to almost 500 Catawikians, working across 7 international offices, while maintaining our start-up mentality every step of the way.
What you will do
As our Business Recruiter you will support the recruitment of hires for our core functions, with an initial focus on our Customer Support vacancies. You will search for candidates, conduct interviews and manage the recruitment process from end to end, proactively making improvements along the way.
You will find, target and approach the best profiles, making Catawiki stand-out from the crowd. Next to this, you’ll also be responsible for helping to further develop Catawiki’s employer brand by forming relationships with different universities, connecting with the best up and coming talent.
You will manage your own portfolio of vacancies, forming effective partnerships with hiring managers. As a business recruiter at Catawiki in our Assen office, you will become an important member of Catawiki’s People Team, contributing to initiatives that make Catawiki a destination of choice for the best and most relevant talent in the market. These initiatives will range from employer branding, to events, partnerships, process improvements and a whole lot more!
Who you are
In addition to having experience of successfully hiring in a fast paced working environment, it’s likely you’ll be excited about working in an international startup environment. Furthermore, you will:
- Have relevant experience collaborating with hiring managers, coaching and advising them in order to effectively hire hard to fill roles.
- Have experience of forming partnerships with universities, job fairs and online communities to attract the best local talent.
- Know the best ways to map the market, being creative to search and source for talent.
- Be great at forming relationships with your stakeholders, from candidates to interviewers to hiring managers.
- Be active in online communities and social networks.
- You are detailed oriented, well organised and proactive with a can-do attitude!
Here’s what we can offer you
- A diverse and international team with over 40 different nationalities.
- A great environment in Assen with a fun and easy-going atmosphere.
- Our entrepreneurial environment encourages everyone to take initiative and experiment with new ideas. You’ll actively contribute to the growth of the Catawiki platform.
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth.
- The fun part! Our Activity Committee plan everything from ‘CataFooty’ to International Food Festivals, Friday Drinks, Board Game Nights, Pub Quizzes and Boot Camps!
- And there’s more! Paid holidays, holiday allowance and a pension plan paid for by Catawiki.