Who we are
A piece of the moon, a complete dinosaur skeleton, the Pope's hat, the world's smallest book - at Catawiki, we come across extraordinary objects such as these every day. The special object you’ve been searching for, or a new and unexpected interest you never thought you’d have: the more you look, the more you’ll find. And at Catawiki, there’s always more to the story. Our experts value, authenticate and curate everything from automobiles to vintage stamps, so everything you encounter is real and layered with meaning - waiting to be found.
Our mission is to connect passionate enthusiasts with the objects that tell their stories. As Europe’s fastest growing online auction platform, we help over 14 million users discover new treasures every month. This means we are continually growing and always on the lookout for new talent! Born and raised in The Netherlands, we started in 2008 and have since grown to almost 500 Catawikians, working across 7 international offices, while maintaining our start-up mentality every step of the way.
What you will do
We are looking for an eager and energetic Business Controller to join the Catawiki Finance team. You report directly to the Group Controller and will be the Business Partner for the budget owners. The finance team aims to provide insights and high-quality analyses to support the business to take actions that add direct value.
You coordinate the quarterly budgeting processes and (revised) forecasting. Because you have insight in all budgets on cost center level, you are able to support and challenge the budget owners. They rely on you to give them insights, challenge them and give them advice to make the right decisions. You will have periodic meetings with all budget owners discussing f.e. payroll expenses, FTE development and OPEX variances. You discuss the investments that the business has in mind, work out and/or challenge the underlying business cases and make actionable recommendations. Due to the phase the company is in, you can make a lot of direct impact on the bottom-line profitability.
As the Business Controller you will also be responsible for the monthly and quarterly internal and external reporting, including the actual vs. budget analysis. You are able to explain the monthly variances and to translate those to financial opportunities and risks.
“This is a diverse and challenging job that combines finance, analytical and problem solving skills. Within the start-up atmosphere every day will be different and you will encounter a lot of ad hoc analyses, scenario’s and benchmarking. Because the Cost Center structure is new, we are looking for a proactive financial who can add value for the budget owners, create the trust and built the relationship needed with them to become a real business partner” Geert van der Heijden – Corporate Controller
Who you are
We are looking for a strong analytical and accurate financial with excellent communicative skills. Someone who loves to work in a very dynamic, everchanging and challenging environment with great opportunities.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Finance, Economics or Accountancy
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in financial controlling, data analytics or business controlling, preferably in e-commerce or online business
- (Strong) knowledge of Excel, SQL and PowerPoint is preferred
- Experience in forecasting and creating/working with P&Ls and quantitative/analytical skills
- Strong communicator in English, able to build strong relationships, challenge the business and get the point across
- Willing to travel between the two offices in Amsterdam and Assen
- Ambitious, innovative, energetic, fun, curious
Here's what we can offer you
- A diverse and international team with over 40 different nationalities.
- A great environment with a fun and easy-going atmosphere.
- Our entrepreneurial environment encourages everyone to take initiative and experiment with new ideas. You’ll actively contribute to the growth of the Catawiki platform.
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth.
- The fun part! Our Activity Committee plan everything from ‘CataFooty’ to International Food Festivals, Friday Drinks, Board Game Nights, Pub Quizzes and Boot Camps!
- And there’s more! Paid holidays, holiday allowance and a pension plan paid for by Catawiki.
Amsterdam or Assen