Who we are
Catawiki is Europe’s largest curated platform for buying & selling special objects in the most easy & reliable manner. Our mission is to connect passionate enthusiasts across the globe with special objects that have interesting stories behind them. We are a marketplace that operates across 29 categories grouped under 4 business verticals : Collectables, Art & Antiques, Luxury & Mobility.
Every object is hand-picked by our 200+ in-house experts before being approved for an auction. Our promise to the buyers : ‘Just find the object you love, and we’ll take care of the rest’. A piece of the moon, a complete dinosaur skeleton, the Pope's hat and the world's smallest book are just some of the extraordinary objects that have found their way onto Catawiki, among the 11 Million+ that we have auctioned so far.
Started in The Netherlands in 2008, we have grown rapidly since introducing the auction model on our site in 2011. In 2020, we are on a €450 M GMV run rate, growing at 25-30% yoy with healthy EBITDA margins. We are well on track to reach our goal of becoming a Billion GMV business in Europe in the next 3-4 years. An expansion into Asia and N. America is part of the plan as well.
About the role
To support the next phase of growth, we are looking for an exceptional leader who can help us steer this fast growing, complex marketplace business towards our vision. The CFO will work closely with the CEO, the Management team (MT) and the Board in setting and executing the strategic direction of the company.
What you’ll do
- Drive financial and business decisions with the CEO & MT to deliver annual P&L budgets.
- Oversee all parts of Finance function - FP&A, Accounting, Legal, Risk and Corporate governance.
- Build robust financial systems and processes to support the business at scale.
- Be a company-wide leader, as a key member of the Management team.
- Manage key external stakeholders including Board, shareholders and investors.
- Manage the capital structure and drive towards a healthy balance sheet.
What you’ll bring
- Proven experience as a CFO in a scale-up organization. (3+ years)
- Experience in large global companies as well as smaller venture-backed startups (10+ years)
- Led successful fund raise / larger equity led transactions.
- Prior exposure to EU/IFRS regulations. Dutch GAAP is a plus.
- Passionate about building a best-in-class Finance team.
- Enjoys rolling up the sleeves and working hands-on to execute key projects.
- Familiarity with online marketplaces. Understanding of business drivers.
- Ability to balance growth investments with profitable scaling.
- Tech savvy.
- Strong strategic and analytical mindset.
- Strong communicator who works collaboratively across the company.
- Appreciates value of customer focus in building a long-term business.
More about the company and role:
This is an opportunity to be part of and contribute to a fast growing, profitable tech company at scale. This is the senior most level in the company (C-level) and has a wide impact across the entire organization. Next to this you can expect:
- 500+ people: with over 50 different nationalities.
- Amsterdam based - centrally located office with an easy-going atmosphere.
- An entrepreneurial non-hierarchical environment that has different functions and levels working together to create business and customer impact.
- A fun loving team with activities ranging from ‘CataFooty’ to International Food Festivals, Friday Drinks, Board Game Nights, Pub Quizzes and Boot Camps!
- Opportunity to create value and benefit from it, through stock options.
Recent press articles:
Catawiki is committed to building a diverse company and diverse teams. That includes everyone, no matter your age, ability, gender, race, religion or sexual orientation. We welcome applications from underserved and underrepresented communities. If you’ve got a story to tell, come and join us.
Covid-19 and hiring
As we navigate through this pandemic together, we want to reassure you that keeping candidates and our employees safe is of paramount importance to us. That’s why the entire recruitment process will take place remotely, using phone and video calls. For successful applicants who end up being hired, we always ensure a safe, engaging and (for the time-being) a remote onboarding experience. We also take care to make sure all of your equipment will be sent to you by courier, so you are ready for your first day. You can Click Here to read the Coronavirus company update from our CEO, Ravi Vora.