Who we are
A piece of the moon, a complete dinosaur skeleton, the Pope's hat, the world's smallest book - at Catawiki, we come across extraordinary objects such as these every day.
The special object you’ve been searching for, or a new and unexpected interest you never thought you’d have: the more you look, the more you’ll find. And at Catawiki, there’s always more to the story. Our experts value, authenticate and curate everything from automobiles to vintage stamps, so everything you encounter is real and layered with meaning - waiting to be found.
Our mission is to connect passionate enthusiasts with the objects that tell their stories. As Europe’s fastest growing online auction platform, we help over 10 million users discover new treasures every month. This means we are continually growing and always on the lookout for new talent! Born and raised in The Netherlands, we started in 2008 and have since grown to over 600 Catawikians, working across 7 international offices, while maintaining our start-up mentality every step of the way.
About the role
As the Leader of the People Operations Team you will be responsible for leading all operational areas within the People Function, this includes payroll, benefits, rewards & compensation (across all countries that Catawiki operates in), our systems, data and related People Operations Projects and goals.
As part of the broader People Team Leadership Team you will report to the VP People and will work alongside the leads within our Business Partnering and Talent Acquisition teams and the broader Leadership Team across Catawiki.You will manage the People Operations Team and partner with the VP People to set and drive the strategic vision and projects of the People Operations & Reward function.
Catawiki is a fast paced and growing organisation and the People Team move with this pace and growth. The People Operations team is the building block of our People function, with strong, robust and efficient operations we grow our partnerships with the business and create a meaningful employee experience.
As the lead for the People Operations team, you will deeply understand how Catawiki operates, the business, the strategy and the (people) dynamics. You will use this insight and knowledge to partner with the wider people team and business leaders to build and drive a robust people operations team and function that enables the business and our people to achieve ambitious goals. You are able to build credible and respectful relationships with employees of all levels.
You will input into the overall people agenda and strategy, and drive this end to end. In addition to partnering with the people team and business leaders, this role partners closely with our Finance, Reporting and Legal Functions.
What you’ll do
- Own the People Operation function and drive efficiency across all operational areas
- Supervise payroll for all countries
- Team management of the People Operations team (Operations & Workday Support and the Payroll & Benefits Advisor)
- Team management of our Office Management and Community Engagement Team
- Look for and scope out efficiencies in projects and ways of working
- Structural benchmarking of roles and salaries
- Be responsible for ensuring full compliance on employee legislation across all Catawiki entities
- Ensure overall compliance on payroll / tax / audit
- You'll become a Workday specialist, coordinating automation/efficiency processes
- Be responsible for recurring reporting FTE/headcount process.
- Move-in Sync across the People Team to optimise employee processes and drive a top-class employee experience
- Be a sparring partner to the HR Manager/ Recruitment Manager and VP, People on all people areas
- Coach, advise and share knowledge with the wider People Operations Team on appropriate areas across our entitles
What you’ll bring
- 8-10+ years of relevant experience, preferably within an international and fast-growing organization
- 3+ years experience in payroll NL and at least 1 years experience in payroll outside NL
- Experience of working with and implementing benefits outside of NL
- Demonstrable experience of working with and optimising Workday or a similar HRIS
- Knowledge on NL and international employment law
- Knowledge and experience of working with a Works Council
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Proactive and solution-focused mentality, willingness to go the extra mile
- Fluent in Dutch and English to a professional business level
Here’s what we can offer you
This is your chance to become part of a fast but sustainable growing tech company! You will have an exciting role in a young, fast-growing, dynamic & international organisation. You'll be part of an enthusiastic, highly motivated team of 500+ international Catawikians; you'll have big responsibilities and can really create something. Additionally you can expect:
- Working with a top notch team acting on a champions league level in a super complex dynamic environment; you will learn a lot!
- A diverse and international team with over 50 different nationalities.
- A great office located in the heart of Amsterdam with an easy-going atmosphere.
- Our entrepreneurial environment encourages everyone to take initiative and experiment with new ideas. You’ll actively contribute to the growth of the Catawiki platform.
- Tailor-made trainings to facilitate your personal and professional growth
- The fun part! Our Activity Committee plans everything from ‘CataFooty’ to International Food Festivals, Friday Drinks, Board Game Nights, Pub Quizzes and Boot Camps!
- Stock Options: All Catawikians are granted 100 Stock Options after 12 months of service.
And there’s more! Paid holidays, holiday allowance and a fantastic pension plan paid for by Catawiki.
Catawiki is committed to building a diverse company and diverse teams. That includes everyone, no matter your age, ability, gender, race, religion or sexual orientation. We welcome applications from underserved and underrepresented communities. If you’ve got a story to tell, come and join us.
Covid-19 and hiring
As we navigate through this pandemic together, we want to reassure you that keeping candidates and our employees safe is of paramount importance to us. That’s why the entire recruitment process will take place remotely, using phone and video calls. For successful applicants who end up being hired, we always ensure a safe, engaging and (for the time-being) a remote onboarding experience. We also take care to make sure all of your equipment will be sent to you by courier, so you are ready for your first day. You can Click Here to read the Coronavirus company update from our CEO, Ravi Vora.