Catawiki’s goal is to make special objects universally available. Our weekly auctions feature thousands of unusual, rare, and exceptional objects that you won’t find in just any store.
Would you love to be responsible for the relationship with our Sellers and Buyers over Ferrari's to Antique Jewellery and everything in between? Over the last years, our Customer Experience team has doubled in size as our Buyers and Sellers have grown throughout the world. Here at Catawiki, we're always on the lookout for new Customer Experience Specialists to join the team.
If you're interested in a career with us, but you haven't been able to find a Customer Experience vacancy matching your skills or language requirements please continue reading. For our Customer Experience team, we are looking to build connections with the following:
- Italian speakers
- French speakers
- Dutch speakers
- English speakers
- German speakers
- Spanish speakers
- Portuguese speakers
- Chinese speakers
What does the work involve?
Your goal is to delight our customers (Sellers and Buyers) by solving complex challenges, answering their questions, and supporting them in solving their issues. The customer experience department plays a crucial role in driving the retention of customers, ensuring they come back to Catawiki again and again.
We have a broad variety of customers, from traders in exclusive Ferrari's to Antique Jewellery collectors, and everything in between. Occasionally, there might be a dispute between a seller and a buyer. It is your challenge to mediate between each customer and find a solution that works for both. In this interesting customer service job you will gain knowledge on issues relating to legal, marketing, finance and international trade. Aside from this you will:
- Be responsible for making sure customer issues and questions are addressed and resolved in a correct and timely manner, via phone or email;
- Answer questions from customers, and from your extensive communication with users you look out for possibilities for improvements in our services;
- Manage disputes and complaints, finding the best solution for both parties;
- Work together with other departments to improve the customer experience.
This is who you are
Customer service is totally your thing and you can communicate in a clear, customer-oriented manner. Customer satisfaction is your main goal. You try your utmost to find fitting solutions to all problems. You do this in a patient, clear and empathetic way with the aim of customer satisfaction. In addition to this, you have experience in a customer related role (hospitality business, receptionist, callcenter, tourism etc) and are wil willing to work 2 days a week until 19.00 pm and are available for 2 weekends a month;
What we offer
- Gross salary of 2000 euro gross per month, based on 40 hours per week;
- Travel allowance if you are not living in Amsterdam or Assen;
- Catawikians who are performing well will get a permanent contract and stock options after 12 months;
- A challenging job in a young, fast-growing, dynamic and international organisation;
- Freedom and responsibility to organise your work efficiently and friendly colleagues who are willing to help you;
- Yoga, healthy Friday, mindfulness and other fun activities;
- Excellent opportunities for career development
How it all started
Catawiki was founded in 2008; it was originally designed as a website where collectors could manage and keep track of their collections online. Visitors can still add new items to the existing catalog of collectibles. Unsurprisingly, the name Catawiki is a combination of the words ‘catalogue’ and ‘wiki’. In 2011, Catawiki began hosting weekly auctions in various categories, including art, antiques, classic cars, watches, jewelry, fashion, books, and stamps.
Are you interested?
We receive a huge amount of open applications and therefore we don't always have the capacity to review and follow up directly with everyone. This is why we will review our open application pool as needed, and if your knowledge and experiences are a fit with us at that moment we will get in touch with you.
Catawiki is committed to building a diverse company and diverse teams. That includes everyone, no matter your age, ability, gender, race, religion or sexual orientation. We welcome applications from underserved and underrepresented communities. If you’ve got a story to tell, come and join us.