Who we are
A piece of the moon, a complete dinosaur skeleton, the Pope's hat, the world's smallest book - at Catawiki, we come across extraordinary objects such as these every day.
As Europe’s fastest growing online auction platform, our mission is to make special objects available to everyone. In fact, 14 million users are buying and selling on Catawiki every month. This means we are continually growing and always on the lookout for new talent!
Born and raised in The Netherlands, we started in 2008 as a platform where collectors could manage their collections online. Yet, times change, ideas evolve, and in 2011 we hosted our first online auction and we haven’t looked back since! We’ve now grown to 600 Catawikians working across 6 international offices and are proud to have maintained our start-up mentality.
What you will do
As a Category Lead you take care of the coordination of daily operations concerning the auctions within the Category. Your goal is to make the team of (remotely located) experts work in the most efficient, scalable and consistent way possible and achieve the targets of this category. Through this he Category Lead supports the Category Manager.
The Category Lead has no direct reports.
Tasks and responsibilities
The Category Lead is responsible for;
- Ensuring and optimising operational excellence of the auctions
- Consistency in the application of the quality guidelines, setting up & updating guidelines
- Taking the lead in growing the professional seller share & internationalisation of our seller base within our category together with the sales department and our expert group
- Day to day coordination of the auctions: managing auction timelines, lot specifics, standard replies and screening lot distribution across the team
- Managing a close collaboration of our category with colleagues in Customer Support to secure delighting our customers
- Supporting the Category Manager in analysing and explaining current performance results & setting up strategy
- Supporting the Category Manager in optimizing partnerships with external partners
Who you are
If you want to become our new Category Lead you have to have:
- A very proactive and open attitude & a “yes we can” mindset, which is exemplary for the Design Category expert team
- Strong organizational & operational skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Affinity with 20th century applied & decorative arts and design
- Excellent communication skills to achieve good collaboration with the category manager, the team, other departments and external partners
- Good language skills (Fluent English is a must)
- Demonstrable knowledge of and experience with computers and computer programs.
- Excellent presentation skills
- Displays and promotes company culture and values
What we offer
This is your chance to become part of Europe’s fastest growing tech company! You will have an exciting job in a young, fast-growing, dynamic & international organisation. Additionally, you can expect:
- Work from home;
- Flexible to divide your working hours over the working week. We do have fixed meeting times during the week and you will be required to attend those (online) meetings;
- Excellent opportunities for career development;
- A fun team in a fast-growing online company facing complex challenges;
- Lots of room to work on great ideas, and to learn and grow.
Catawiki is committed to building a diverse company and diverse teams. That includes everyone, no matter your age, ability, gender, race, religion or sexual orientation. We welcome applications from underserved and underrepresented communities. If you’ve got a story to tell, come and join us.
Covid-19 and hiring
As we navigate through this pandemic together, we want to reassure you that keeping candidates and our employees safe is of paramount importance to us. That’s why the entire recruitment process will take place remotely, using phone and video calls. For successful applicants who end up being hired, we always ensure a safe, engaging and (for the time-being) a remote onboarding experience. We also take care to make sure all of your equipment will be sent to you by courier, so you are ready for your first day. You can Click Here to read the Coronavirus company update from our CEO, Ravi Vora.
Apply directly with an English CV and cover letter by submitting your information at the bottom of this page.
A capability test, reference check, Certificate of Conduct (VOG) and interviews in English are all part of our recruitment process.