Who we are
A piece of the moon, a complete dinosaur skeleton, the Pope's hat, the world's smallest book - at Catawiki, we come across extraordinary objects such as these every day.
The special object you’ve been searching for, or a new and unexpected interest you never thought you’d have: the more you look, the more you’ll find. And at Catawiki, there’s always more to the story. Our experts value, authenticate and curate everything from automobiles to vintage stamps, so everything you encounter is real and layered with meaning - waiting to be found.
Our mission is to connect passionate enthusiasts with the objects that tell their stories. As Europe’s fastest growing online auction platform, we help over 14 million users discover new treasures every month. This means we are continually growing and always on the lookout for new talent! Born and raised in The Netherlands, we started in 2008 and have since grown to almost 500 Catawikians, working across 7 international offices, while maintaining our start-up mentality every step of the way.
What you’ll do
The Brand Specialist, Partnerships and Activations is responsible for driving and executing a range of strategic brand and supply partnerships across key Catawiki categories. You will lead and support end-to-end partnership strategies, engagement, negotiation and implementation with a range of partners including SMBs, institutions, fairs and events.
The successful candidate thrives on engaging with external stakeholders, managing multiple deals, budgets and activations at the same time, all while maintaining professional relationships and ensuring the highest standards of execution.
You will work in partnership with the category marketing team to prioritise key partnerships and initiatives across the year. You will also work collaboratively with channel and creative teams to bring our partnerships to life on time and on budget.
The Brand Specialist, Partnerships and Activations will have end to end ownership and accountability. From partnership strategy and benchmarking, to budget management, measuring and reporting against goals and campaign performance. You also proactively seek to develop repeatable process, structure, and best practices.
The Brand Specialist - Partnerships and Activations will report to the Sr. Brand Manager, Campaigns & Activations.
What you’ll bring
- 5+ years of brand, partnership, or business development experience
- Experience in cultivating and growing strategic relationships and partnerships, negotiating contracts, and managing relationships of multiple sizes.
- An ability to build trust and negotiate with partners to reach mutually beneficial outcomes
- The ability to prioritise partnerships and activities based on highest potential impact.
- A track-record of brilliant marketing execution with consistently high standards, coordinating cross-functionally (marketing, comms, legal) to bring partnerships to life.
- Experience working across multiple channels including print, digital, social, events and PR
- Strong stakeholder management and interpersonal skills at all levels
- You’re energetic, resourceful and have a bias for action
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in a fast-paced tech or start-up environment
- Global or multi-country working experience
- Event, fair or activation coordination experience
- Strong English communication is required, additional European languages are a plus
- Affinity with one or more Catawiki categories
Here’s what we can offer you
This is your chance to become part of a fast but sustainable growing tech company! You will have an exciting role in a young, fast-growing, dynamic & international organisation. You'll be part of an enthusiastic, highly motivated team of 500+ international Catawikians; you'll have big responsibilities and can really create something. Additionally you can expect:
- Working with top notch marketers acting on a champions league level in a super complex dynamic environment; you will learn a lot!
- A diverse and international team with over 50 different nationalities.
- A great office located in the heart of Amsterdam with an easy-going atmosphere.
- Our entrepreneurial environment encourages everyone to take initiative and experiment with new ideas. You’ll actively contribute to the growth of the Catawiki platform.
- Tailor-made trainings to facilitate your personal and professional growth
- The fun part! Our Activity Committee plans everything from ‘CataFooty’ to International Food Festivals, Friday Drinks, Board Game Nights, Pub Quizzes and Boot Camps!
- Stock Options: All Catawikians are granted 100 Stock Options after 12 months of service.
And there’s more! Paid holidays, holiday allowance and a fantastic pension plan paid for by Catawiki.
Catawiki is committed to building a diverse company and diverse teams. That includes everyone, no matter your age, ability, gender, race, religion or sexual orientation. We welcome applications from underserved and underrepresented communities. If you’ve got a story to tell, come and join us.
Covid-19 and hiring
As we navigate through this pandemic together, we want to reassure you that keeping candidates and our employees safe is of paramount importance to us. That’s why the entire recruitment process will take place remotely, using phone and video calls. For successful applicants who end up being hired, we always ensure a safe, engaging and (for the time-being) a remote onboarding experience. We also take care to make sure all of your equipment will be sent to you by courier, so you are ready for your first day. You can Click Here to read the Coronavirus company update from our CEO, Ravi Vora.