The Catawiki Story
A piece of the moon, a complete dinosaur skeleton, the Pope's hat, the world's smallest book - at Catawiki, we come across extraordinary objects such as these every day. Our mission is to make special objects available to everyone. In fact, 14 million users are buying and selling on Catawiki every month. This means we are continually growing and always on the lookout for new talent!
Born and raised in The Netherlands, we started in 2008 as a platform where collectors could manage their collections online. Yet, times change, ideas evolve, and in 2011 we hosted our first online auction and we haven’t looked back since! We’ve now grown to more than 500 Catawikians working across Europe and are proud to have maintained our start-up mentality.
So...What’s the job?
You will manage the Sales team for the Art & Antiques department of Catawiki, made of 8 Account Managers.
- The Sales team is a group of experienced account managers with various backgrounds in sales, art history, and design, that share a great passion for the categories they are taking care of.
- The Sales team is mainly responsible for generating both new business opportunities and growing existing businesses. They are interacting with current and prospective customers. The Sales team interacts mainly remotely (email, phone) and, on ad-hoc basis, thru face to face meetings.
- You will be responsible for closely monitoring our sales KPI’s and achieving our team goals. You will analyse existing work processes and implement improvements to optimise the overall sales results. You detect business opportunities, and are able to quickly and effectively adapt to notable changes.
- You will be responsible for monitoring the Sales relationships with our Top 100 Sellers and will manage a limited set of Top Sellers accounts directly. Through the Sales team, you will be responsible for growing and educating the whole portfolio of partners, ensuring compliance with the best-in-class standards
You will report directly to the General Manager structure of the Art & Antiques department. You will be part of the Art & Antiques Management Team.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Train, motivate, guide and coach Account Managers;
- Keep the team informed on new Products and Services at Catawiki
- Delegate Tasks & Projects and set deadlines
- Prepare and communicate Sales reports
- Achieve and surpass quarterly targets and goals, for the team as well as for the Account Managers;
- Conduct (weekly) team meetings to increase individual and team success;
- Optimise existing work processes
- Coordinate the efforts with the other departments (Experts, Customer Experience, Marketing and Product) to improve the ongoing team success;
- Execute job interviews, performance appraisals and guide career development of the Account Managers
- Lead the daily operations of the Sales team (e.g. resource planning, quality assurance)
What are we looking for?
- International Sales team lead experience - minimum 2 years
- Bachelor's degree in the commercial, marketing, business or communications field;
- Sales industry experience - minimum of five years
- Analytical and data-driven
- Proactive and strategic: must be able to challenge the status quo, suggest new processes, drive and adapt to change, take initiatives and think out of the box
- Good relationship builder: must be able to build trust externally (Sellers) and internally (other Catawiki department), be solution-oriented, show understanding, provide solutions
- Automated sales software (Salesforce, Hubspot, ...) experience
- Fluency in English and at least one other language;
- Able to quickly establish credibility and report the results to the management team.
- Ability to collaborate with various departments to achieve team goals
- Ability to deal with complex problems internally and externally affecting seller performance
- Art, Antiques and/or Design market experience - Preferred
- Online platform or e-Commerce international experience - Preferred
Here’s what we can offer you:
- A diverse and international team with over 40 different nationalities.
- Trendy offices located in the heart of Amsterdam and Assen with an easy-going atmosphere.
- Our entrepreneurial environment encourages everyone to take initiative and experiment with new ideas. You’ll actively contribute to the growth of the Catawiki platform.
- Tailor-made training to facilitate your personal and professional growth
- The fun part! Our Activity Committee plan everything from ‘CataFooty’ to International Food Festivals, Friday Drinks, Board Game Nights, Pub Quizzes and Boot Camps!
- And there’s more! Paid holidays, holiday allowance and a pension plan paid for by Catawiki.