What you will do
As one of the fastest growing technology companies in Europe, we offer a unique opportunity for you, as a Ruby on Rails developer! We are rapidly expanding our Development team to facilitate the tremendous growth of the company. As you can imagine, our website faces numerous complex development challenges as a result of our continually increasing numbers of sellers and buyers. We’ve already implemented localisations for various European countries and will be expanding even further, outside of Europe, in the near future.
That is why we need your help; we want to expand our team by introducing even more expert knowledge. You will work in product driven innovation teams in which front-end developers, back-end developers, a designer, a data analyst, and a product owner all work closely together. We are driven by A/B-testing and automated testing, which allows us to do multiple releases per day on our high-traffic website.
You will work with Ruby on Rails, nginx, MySql, Redis, Solr, jQuery, and Git in an agile development team of 30 developers (and counting). We have headquarters in both Assen and Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
Who you are
A Ruby on Rails developer who speaks excellent English. You have
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in information technology or computer science
- At least four years’ experience in Rails development
- Experience with relational databases (MySQL)
- Worked on high-traffic websites (preferred)
- Experience with A/B-testing and conversion optimisation (preferred)
What we offer
This is your chance to become part of Europe's fastest growing tech company! You will have an exciting job in a young, fast-growing, dynamic & international organisation. In addition we will make sure you have a soft landing, should you have to relocate to the Netherlands.
Additionally, you can expect:
- 25 days Paid holiday & holiday allowance
- The Catawiki pension plan (no contribution from the employees, so Catawiki is paying for the whole pension plan)
- Excellent opportunities for career development
- Sponsored events and afternoon drinks
- A fun team in a fast-growing online company facing complex challenges
- Lots of room to work on great ideas, and to learn and grow
Apply directly with an English CV and cover letter by submitting your information at the bottom of this page.
A capability test, informal reference check, Certificate of Conduct (VOG) and interviews in English are all part of our recruitment process.
Amsterdam or Assen